PDA

View Full Version : Murder most foul II

SamSam
08-29-2009, 07:31 PM
7 people found murdered in a mobile home plus 2 in critical condition, 7 miles from my house. There is a commercial chemical drying plant on the premises, my wife used to work there, a friend used to manage the mobile home park itself. I'm getting kind of tired of human beings.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090829/ap_on_re_us/us_mobile_home_slayings

skuthorp
08-29-2009, 07:40 PM
"I'm getting kind of tired of human beings"
I can understand that SamSam, there's a few violent ones round my town that I'm tired of too. My sympathies to any involved.

Paul Pless
08-29-2009, 07:41 PM
Wow... I lived in Richmond Hill for a year a few years ago. You don't usually hear stuff like that outside of Savannah or Jacksonville. My sister lives in Savannah and my brother lives about 10 miles from Brunswick near Darien. I know that area pretty well.

Hwyl
08-29-2009, 07:50 PM
Take care of yourself

Glen Longino
08-29-2009, 07:51 PM
Sorry to hear that, Sam!
Yep, we humans are pretty damn tiresome.
Got any ideas why the All-Knowing God invented us and spewed us upon the Earth?
Oh yeah, I remember, He was Lonely!
My best wishes to you and your family.

SamSam
08-29-2009, 10:25 PM
Wow... I lived in Richmond Hill for a year a few years ago. You don't usually hear stuff like that outside of Savannah or Jacksonville. My sister lives in Savannah and my brother lives about 10 miles from Brunswick near Darien. I know that area pretty well.I live in Darien and we're about 16 miles north of Brunswick, so it sounds like your brother is closer to that mess than me.

Even Savannah and Jax don't have stuff like that as a regularity. As far as I know, it's just a meltdown that could have happened anywhere, and nobody I know personally is involved, but it does make a person wonder and ponder about numerous things.

SamSam
08-29-2009, 11:07 PM
Sorry to hear that, Sam!
Yep, we humans are pretty damn tiresome.
Got any ideas why the All-Knowing God invented us and spewed us upon the Earth?
Oh yeah, I remember, He was Lonely!
My best wishes to you and your family.
I believe it's filed under Mysterious Ways. :)

Glen Longino
08-29-2009, 11:12 PM
I believe it's filed under Mysterious Ways. :)
:eek:;):)

MiddleAgesMan
08-30-2009, 04:52 AM
This story isn't getting much attention in the media. I learned about it due to this post on the WBF!

I've had CNN on this morning for almost 2 hours and they keep recycling stories about (1) the kidnapped and found California girl, (2) Ted Kennedy's funeral and (3) the Michael Jackson "homicide."

I guess the murders of 7 poor people in a trailer park aren't deserving of our attention. :(

SamSam
08-30-2009, 10:01 AM
The sheriff won't say if anyone has been arrested or if the killer was found among the slaughtered. He does say that everyone should be 'mindful and vigilant'. That's putting it delicately. I guess I could grab some guns and camp on the roof.

I don't think it's a random maniac, but probably a specific one in that he/she/they didn't want to kill just anybody, just the people in that trailer.

Mindful and vigilant. We had a whackjob a few years ago who beat his Grandma with a hammer, then went 'downtown' and hit random people for awhile. They finally grabbed him at the rest area on I-95, welcoming travelers to Georgia with his hammer. I think I'll get a carry permit.

SamSam
08-30-2009, 11:33 AM
The Authorities here are so coy....

BRUNSWICK, Ga. The man who called 911 to report finding seven people slain in a dingy mobile home on a historic Georgia plantation was arrested on drug-related charges, though police refused to say Sunday whether he was a suspect in the killings.

Two people survived the attack, with brutal injuries.

Police have not detailed what they found at the mobile home nestled among centuries-old, moss-draped oak trees in coastal southeast Georgia. Glynn County Police Chief Matt Doering has only said "it's not a scene that I would want anybody to see."

Guy Heinze Jr., 22, was arrested late Saturday and charged with illegal possession of prescription drugs and marijuana, tampering with evidence and making false statements to police, Doering said.
Doering did not know whether he had an attorney.

"He was a family member who came home and discovered (the victims), at least that's what he told us," Doering told reporters. "He was the one who called 911."

Asked if police believe Heinze was involved in the slayings, Doering said: "I'm not going to characterize him as a suspect."

MiddleAgesMan
08-30-2009, 01:28 PM
Oh, chit. Let's hope he's not going to turn out to be a suspect of convenience, someone the cops can hang it on just so they can close the case.

MiddleAgesMan
09-05-2009, 07:47 AM
The guy who called 911 to report his family dead was arrested and charged with 8 counts of murder yesterday.

http://savannahnow.com/node/778306

A recording of the entire 911 call is available on there as well. The guy sounded truly distressed by what he'd seen. If he committed the crimes he's either a very good actor or was out of his mind on drugs.

Milo Christensen
09-05-2009, 08:21 AM
This story isn't getting much attention in the media. I learned about it due to this post on the WBF!

Use google news. You can customize it to add your local area. There's more you can do, for instance do a google news search on a topic of interest, then you can subscribe to new results of your search parameters and choose how google news will notify you.

The national media are useless at reporting local news. Be careful how you use the local option in google news though, you might find a lot more crime going on in your area than you think is going on.