PDA

View Full Version : what boat for 18K in Phillipines

peterAustralia
08-29-2009, 07:12 PM
I was doing a google search today, came up with this one

Is brand new, my guess about 50ft, I just love the sloping roof, the way it matches the curve of the gunnel. It has a lot of beam thanks to that outrigger, so it will not tip over.

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/1550377/BOAT+FOR+SALE

Paul Pless
08-29-2009, 07:17 PM
I like the clipper bow. Someone should forward this ad to Mr. Lenihan so he can share the outrigger idea with those 'naval architects are a waste of time guys'.

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/8202/dsc00870jpg.jpg

paladin
08-29-2009, 07:51 PM
BANCA! Hang 4 big black max mercs off the stern and see that critter whipping along at 30 knots with no wake.

Captain Blight
08-29-2009, 09:12 PM
So what's the difference between a banca and a pamboat?

paladin
08-30-2009, 04:17 AM
what's a pamboat?

P.L.Lenihan
08-30-2009, 04:42 AM
what's a pamboat?

A banca raised on goats milk:)

Cheers!

Peter

P.L.Lenihan
08-30-2009, 04:46 AM
Someone should forward this ad to Mr. Lenihan so he can share the outrigger idea with those 'naval architects are a waste of time guys'.

If I do that, Paul it'll just further delay the "fix" and I suspect alot of folks would like to see the re-launch before Christmas:)

Thanks for the idea though, I know you're just trying to be helpful:D:D

Cheers!

Peter

Andrew Craig-Bennett
08-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Like Chuck, I dunno what a pamboat is but that's a nice enough new banca, with an inboard diesel.

As usual, there are two outriggers - she's a trimaran.

These boats are a very well estab lished local type; they go like the clappers on modest horsepower, and draw very little, but they have two drawbacks - they are frustrating to get alongside a pier - better on a beach - and they are a flat water only type.

The northernmost province of the Philippines, the Batanes Islands, which have more weather than the rest of the country lying between Luzon and Taiwan, doesn't have bancas - the local boats there are a carvel built whaler type like the old boats of the Azores.

Captain Blight
08-30-2009, 04:02 PM
Pamboats (http://aerobus.homestead.com/Camotes.html) and some other nice photos. Looks like a "Pamboat" is a smallish version of the Banca. Huh. The things you can see if you just bother to look....

Andrew Craig-Bennett
08-30-2009, 04:23 PM
Oh, right, down South...

Funny people in those parts...;)

paladin
08-30-2009, 10:29 PM
I would use the term "weird"....guys with really big long knives, tight bandaged arms and legs, and chewing all forms of "Ganga"....shoot an s.o.b. and he keeps coming, he won't bleed because of the tight bandages, and he feels no pain so he runs up to you and chops your head off.......Three decided to come aboard with big knives at Zamboanga....in the middle of the night.....my little .380 under the pillow didn't do much, he stopped, looked a bit pi$$ed, then kept coming....when the .44 went off he was lifted up and backwards, totally off his feet, and the round went through him and whacked the guy behind under the chin and exited the top of his head. Number three went over the side and I may or may not have hit him in the dark....