PDA

View Full Version : Dogs!

ishmael
08-28-2009, 12:11 PM
I was sleeping, my best friend in the cot beside me, someone I still know as a good friend. I got up, somnabulating, completely unaware of my surroundings, asleep. I went to the window, a dormer on a cottage, and I yelled one word, DOGS! Kinda both weird and funny. It woke Steve up, and he asked what the hell was going on? As I was shaken awake, out of my state, I answered "I don't know."

Weird experience, but I'll bet there's a plethora of similar out there. In hindsight, I think I was proclaiming some truth that couldn't be spoken while awake. The people there were ruining the Lake. It was never a poor place, but the hyper-rich took over sometime in the mid-eighties. I hated it, because I went fishing there and liked everyone when they allowed. It was at one time full of eccentrics, like the cat man who carried an overcoat full of cats, or Mose the Indian who knew how to catch a muskie. Now, the lake is still there, but everyone is wearing Izod.

stevebaby
08-28-2009, 12:21 PM
"DOGS!".
Heavy.

TimH
08-28-2009, 12:27 PM
Same everywhere. McMansions sprouting on shorelines from Maine toWhidbey Island.

stevebaby
08-28-2009, 03:01 PM
It woke Steve up, and he asked what the hell was going on?
For the record, I have no knowledge of this whatsoever, and I have never slept with Ishmael, on this or any other plane of existence.

ishmael
08-28-2009, 03:19 PM
How strange is your homosexuality, Steve from Australia? My friend, Steve, was in a separate bunk, next to mine.

I liked him, he's a dear friend, but why do you see homosexuality at every turn? The two of us didn't feel that way about each other. We were just buds. Sailed together, laughed together. I don't understand how this got started.

stevebaby
08-28-2009, 03:26 PM
"I was sleeping, my best friend in the cot beside me,"

ishmael
08-28-2009, 03:48 PM

Have you ever taken a break from whatever twisted-ness that haunts you? I can't, and don't want to convince you, but the cot beside me means a separate cot. And I've actually slept a lot closer to my brothers and sisters in a tent, when off in the wilderness. Did that make us lovers? No, not even close, unless you use a very loose definition. We lay next to each other, the tent was small. I ate, breathed, saw my cousins right up close, but we weren't having sex. We were schlepping fifty pound packs through wilderness. After eight hours of that no one is in the mood.

Nicholas Scheuer
08-28-2009, 04:15 PM
Sounds like time to get a dog.

oznabrag
08-28-2009, 04:19 PM

Twisted or not, if you wished to convey that the two of you had separate cots, a more accurate way of phrasing could be: "I was sleeping, my best friend in the cot beside mine."

stevebaby
08-28-2009, 04:25 PM
Have you ever taken a break from whatever twisted-ness that haunts you? I tried it, but it wasn't as much fun. :D

Yeadon
08-28-2009, 04:33 PM
Clarity matters, but not here.

Paul Pless
08-28-2009, 04:36 PM
How strange is your homosexuality, Steve from Australia?> :D

Steve... Baby... you should hope that this turn of phrase doesn't get legs. I assure you I'm gonna do my best to make sure it does though.:p

stevebaby
08-28-2009, 04:45 PM
> :D

Steve... Baby... you should hope that this turn of phrase doesn't get legs. I assure you I'm gonna do my best to make sure it does though.:pI knew I could count on you. :D

Paul Pless
08-28-2009, 04:48 PM
don't mention it

Tom Montgomery
08-28-2009, 06:00 PM
Jack, your prose is horrible. What you wrote implied your friend was beside you in the same cot. oznabrag is correct. If anyone here understood what you actually meant, that is to their credit not yours.

BrianW
08-28-2009, 10:32 PM
"Beavers and Ducks!"

(heard that line in a movie once... Billybob Thorton, some hot redhead, and I forget who else. Pretty darn funny though.)