PDA

View Full Version : What Makes a Best Friend?

The Bigfella
08-27-2009, 08:19 PM
I just saw this one posted elsewhere, and it really is appropriate, given some of what is posted around here.

I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

Nanoose
08-27-2009, 08:20 PM
So, whatcha hidin' there, BigFella?!? ;)

Bob (oh, THAT Bob)
08-27-2009, 08:50 PM
A friend will help you move.

A good friend will help you move a body.

:)

ishmael
08-27-2009, 08:55 PM
That's a funny one! Most of my best friends these days wouldn't know how. LOL.

But to the topic. I have a few old friends. People who've been with me since I was in my early teens. I fully expect them to be there until we start croaking. People I trust, though a part of what we've been through has been the occasional betrayal. Nuthin' terrible, stuff like asking a woman who I've just broken up with out on a date. That got a little ugly, but we got over it.

I realize the thread is a joke, but it's an interesting topic.

cs
08-27-2009, 09:05 PM
I always thought a best friend was one that went down to the red light district and got 2 #%$^%^ and brought one back for you. :D

Chad

ripley699
08-27-2009, 10:26 PM
A True Friend is someone,who when you phone them on thanksgiving,just as they are about to carve the turkey ,will tell everyone there,aunts and uncles and assorted relatives,,"I will be right back. I need to go bail so & so out of jail." You all start eating !

Thats a friend !

The Bigfella
08-27-2009, 10:36 PM
So, whatcha hidin' there, BigFella?!? ;)

Me? Nothing.... :D

I do have some stuff that I had to sign a 30 year confidentiality agreement on though....

PeterSibley
08-27-2009, 10:40 PM
A True Friend is someone,who when you phone them on thanksgiving,just as they are about to carve the turkey ,will tell everyone there,aunts and uncles and assorted relatives,,"I will be right back. I need to go bail so & so out of jail." You all start eating !

Thats a friend !

Yep ,I'll wear that .:D

Canoeyawl
08-27-2009, 10:47 PM
http://www.revisionzero.com/images/Butterscotch/MansBestFriend.jpg

Canoeyawl
08-27-2009, 10:52 PM
That's mine, hands off
Woof

bobbys
08-27-2009, 10:57 PM
I just saw this one posted elsewhere, and it really is appropriate, given some of what is posted around here..

A friend of ours was almost killed in a Accident, He roomed with my son.

His Mom called and wanted to get his stuff, I went through and Mom proofed his stuff..

I goofed up though cause he had a Diary and in it he went off on his girlfriend,Well she showed up and grabbed it.

I should have taken that and held it for him.

However he told me recently it was all for the best he did not have to tell her how he felt she read it!!

ishmael
08-27-2009, 11:27 PM
I'm not the person to ask. If you need a hand jumping your car I'm Johnny on the spot, but I'm helpless when it comes to dead friends. Well, not completely. I'm sorry. I'm glad is was almost.

WX
08-27-2009, 11:44 PM
I do have some stuff that I had to sign a 30 year confidentiality agreement on though....
A friend is someone who will tell you not to store that sort of stuff on a Windows based computer.

davebrown
08-28-2009, 12:31 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3420/3823663237_b7072b85d9.jpg

these guys have ruined the interior on an x5. i just wouldn't have the same life without them. lucky for me, they are never going to die, so i won't have to worry about that.

Flying Orca
08-28-2009, 07:08 AM
A friend is someone who will tell you not to store that sort of stuff on a Windows based computer.

...unless you use encryption. Or private browsing, if you're into that kind of thing.

ishmael
08-28-2009, 07:37 AM
Great pic, Dave. It's been said if you want a friend, get a dog.

paladin
08-28-2009, 07:49 AM
a best friend is one that "you can ride the river with".........

skuthorp
08-28-2009, 07:52 AM
http://www.revisionzero.com/images/Butterscotch/MansBestFriend.jpg
A cold nose, 4 legs and a wet tounge.

Canoez
08-28-2009, 07:57 AM
I've got a long time friend who has a sign hanging in her kitchen:

"A good friend will come and bail you out of jail when you get into trouble. A great friend will be sitting in the cell with you saying, 'What a great time!'"

:D

Mrleft8
08-28-2009, 09:56 AM
I used to call someone my "best friend". Now I call them my "oldest friend".
We're still "best friends", but there are other friends that are just as good. Each one is a "best" friend.
I had to think on this concept for a while before it satisfied me.... I hadn't even considered it until an old girlfriend declared that I was "one of [her] best friends". (And yes, my first reaction was "What do you want now?" :D)