PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes life is good.

ron ll
08-27-2009, 07:24 PM
It's 85 in Seattle this afternoon (75 down at the marina). I'm sitting on the afterdeck of Snoose, martini in hand, earbuds in with some good opera (yes opera can be good).

Of course the Kennedys are gone and a good friends long suffering wife died a few days ago, so all is not Camelot perfect, but still good. On the dock across the waterway a nice looking young woman walked out the dock in a floor length black gown slit to her waist, in bare feet and with a dog. She was in a hurry. I don't know her story but I'm sure she has one.

Right now, life is good. Not perfect (Mark's sky is still falling), but good.

bobbys
08-27-2009, 07:48 PM
It's 85 in Seattle this afternoon (75 down at the marina). I'm sitting on the afterdeck of Snoose, martini in hand, earbuds in with some good opera (yes opera can be good).

Of course the Kennedys are gone and a good friends long suffering wife died a few days ago, so all is not Camelot perfect, but still good. On the dock across the waterway a nice looking young woman walked out the dock in a floor length black gown slit to her waist, in bare feet and with a dog. She was in a hurry. I don't know her story but I'm sure she has one.

Right now, life is good. Not perfect (Mark's sky is still falling), but good..

A woman with a Black gown slit to the waist always puts me in a better mood:)

ron ll
08-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Okay, maybe it was only slit to her thighs. It was tasteful. But what might be her story? 5pm, in a hurry to get to a (her) boat, formal gown, barefeet, with a dog.

Nanoose
08-27-2009, 08:22 PM
On her way to an important, yet summer casual (hence the bare feet) function....realizing she forgot something.....in the middle of the dog having to go pee.

How's that? ;)

ron ll
08-27-2009, 10:31 PM
I like it Nanoose (Deb?). But in looking at my original post I'm now realizing it was the maudlin meanderings of a couple of martinis. Rather embarrassing in the retrospect of sobriety. :)

Note to self: Don't post during happy hour.

JimD
08-27-2009, 10:34 PM
A good day here, too. Your weather made it up here as it usually does. I spent the afternoon pottering around the bay in the sparkling sunshine, dodging harbour seals and those strange boats with big white sheets that make them lean over and zig zag all over the place.

Paul Girouard
08-27-2009, 11:16 PM
Okay, maybe it was only slit to her thighs. It was tasteful.

But what might be her story? 5pm, in a hurry to get to a (her) boat, formal gown, barefeet, with a dog.

On her way to the opera, the bare foot in the park summer opera?

bobbys
08-27-2009, 11:24 PM
I like it Nanoose (Deb?). But in looking at my original post I'm now realizing it was the maudlin meanderings of a couple of martinis. Rather embarrassing in the retrospect of sobriety. :)

Note to self: Don't post during happy hour..

Ron the gal was winking at you and showing off some LEG for you.

Do i have to paint you a Picture???:D