PDA

View Full Version : Vick back on the field...........TONITE

jack grebe
08-27-2009, 05:47 PM
To play in the first quarter...................

I wish the guy well, but this still leaves
a very bad taste in my mouth:o

seanz
08-27-2009, 05:50 PM
The crowd will go wild when he gets the ball............

Phillip Allen
08-27-2009, 06:05 PM
football fanatics are SUCH wh0res...

jack grebe
08-27-2009, 06:44 PM
How very UNremarkable.................

davebrown
08-27-2009, 06:48 PM
as i have said before, i hope a tourist carthorse gets loose and mortally injures him while some tourists bet on his survival.

Pugwash
08-27-2009, 06:48 PM
Woof! Woof!

pefjr
08-27-2009, 06:53 PM
I won't be watching, but I'd like to read his front line opened up and allowed all the opposing linebackers to blitz him, and squish his guts out.
Now , you know that would not work, he would just run around right end and score. Too bad its not on TV here.

pefjr
08-27-2009, 07:33 PM
"Vick entered to a standing ovation" Yahoo sports

Different out in the real world, Huh?

Concordia...41
08-27-2009, 07:51 PM
I won't be sporting a Michael Vick jersey, but I won't waste any energy wishing him ill. My suggestion is that all the hate go towards stopping the sick bast--ds that are still out there breeding and fighting dogs... :mad:

FWIW, my first exposure to pits was via fighting circles - cockfights, dog fights, Klan meetings and bootlegging, that was North Alabama in the 70's and 80's. :( (And one of several dozen reasons I left ASAP).

As to the dogs, as quickly as I saw the wrong, I saw the beauty and intelligence of the animals and that's why Marley, curled up here at my feet, is my third Pit.

But seriously folks, the venom and froth directed at Michael Vick could go a long way to exterminating the 'sport' entirely. Some folks have tagged the energy. Best Friends Animal Sanctuary and the "Vicktory Dogs" (the 22 or so animals that they rehabilitated are good examples of turning a negative into a positive).

If you want to make a difference, don't stand in front of a stadium with a poster, support your local animal control, report any signs or rumors of kennels, and use the energy for positive change.

- M

cs
08-27-2009, 09:14 PM
Margo says it well. Instead of focus your energy on hating Vick, get out and do something constructive about the issue and not destructive.

Chad

Phillip Allen
08-27-2009, 09:35 PM
Margo says it well. Instead of focus your energy on hating Vick, get out and do something constructive about the issue and not destructive.

Chad

I don't hate Vic...I am appalled at the fans of football who will accept one of their "heros" no matter what he does...so long as he can run fast and make spectacular plays...

hokiefan
08-27-2009, 10:03 PM
I won't be watching, but I'd like to read his front line opened up and allowed all the opposing linebackers to blitz him, and squish his guts out.

My bet is that for every player that wants to squish him, there's another one thats thanking him for keeping his mouth shut. I think the NFL players are supporting him, not unanimously, but fairly strongly.

He's certainly lost the respect I once had for him, but I wish him well as a person, mainly for the benefit of his little girl. Time will tell if he learned anything. His little brother has shown that he remains an idiot.

Cheers,

Bobby

JimD
08-27-2009, 10:24 PM
Makes one wonder what all the other breakfast of champions idols of our children are up to in their spare time. Sick brainless goons worshipped by millions because they are good at sports.

bobbys
08-27-2009, 10:44 PM
Maybe now he can redeem himself by impregnating as many woman as he can and having them Abort the Fetuses..

No body will say a word about that, In fact he will get pats on the back...

ishmael
08-27-2009, 11:51 PM
I don't know what was going on there. Animal abuse is terrible, and I don't watch American football. But he did his time so let him play.

I'm reminded of watching the Cleveland Browns as a kid growing up in Cleveland. Jim Brown, probably the best back, past or present, had his problems.. I don't think he ever did jail time, but he probably should have. That diminished him as a human being, I wish he had done time. But still one of the greatest running backs that game has ever produced.

C. Ross
08-28-2009, 07:26 AM
Which opposing team will be first to play that obnoxious "Who let the dogs out" song every time Vick takes the field?

brad9798
08-28-2009, 07:26 AM
Wow ... that's kind of scary, Matt! Holy crap, dude. :(

That being said, I never lost sleep over the Vick case ... but I hardly slept last night thinking about Jaycee Dugard!

Dogs pale in comparison ...

brad9798
08-28-2009, 07:40 AM
But he has also helped the cause through the massive publicity!

Rigadog
08-29-2009, 08:04 AM
I'm multi-tasking. I donate thousands of dollars a year to pet rescues, alternative training, etc., and hate Vick at the same time. He's the poster boy for animal torture, and deserves the hate.

Right on Donn. I wholeheartedly agree.

Beowolf
08-29-2009, 09:04 AM
Jim Brown, probably the best back, past or present, had his problems..

With his biggest problem being that which nearly every other RB in the history of the NFL has had, namely, they aren't Barry Sanders.

http://btimmpoker.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/barrysanders1.jpg

(If this image leads you to believe that Sanders was capable of defying Newtonian Mechanics while running, it's because he did.)

pefjr
08-29-2009, 01:18 PM
OJ is the only running back to approach the greatness of Jim Brown. IMO

cs
08-29-2009, 01:34 PM
With his biggest problem being that which nearly every other RB in the history of the NFL has had, namely, they aren't Barry Sanders.

http://btimmpoker.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/barrysanders1.jpg

(If this image leads you to believe that Sanders was capable of defying Newtonian Mechanics while running, it's because he did.)

Awh Jeez! Here we go again with that poser Barry Sanders. A real wanna be if ever I've seen one. :D;):)

BTW is Stafford playing any today? Bet its nice to have a real quarterback for a change.

Chad

jack grebe
08-29-2009, 01:54 PM
OJ is the only running back to approach the greatness of Jim Brown. IMO
Ya know, if you extracted your head, the air would smell
soooo much better.

As much as I hate to say it, Emmitt is probably the best to
ever take the field.
Let's not forget those currently playing also,
Westbrook will be a HOFer and has redefined want a running back does.
I think history will show him to be one of the all time greats.
Somehow, I don't see OJ lining up as a wideout, or going over the middle
in a crunch. He was played as a running back.....period

Beowolf
08-29-2009, 06:15 PM
Give Sanders the offensive line that Smith enjoyed, or allow him to face the caliber of athlete that played in the 60's and 70's when Brown was playing and he would have rewritten the record book.

Next closest would probably be Walter Payton.

Unfortunately he was banished to a career with the Fords and "Cocaine Wayne." :mad:

jack grebe
08-29-2009, 06:46 PM
Next closest would probably be Walter Payton.

Agreed.......He was special

Chris Coose
08-29-2009, 06:56 PM
Angry pure bred dog fights that people place bets on?
Same thing as football really and peculiarly American.

I've got no opinion on either activity.
But I do wonder how people can get so emotional about either violent and bloody spectator activity.
Is football more cultured because they have more referees on the field?

pefjr
08-29-2009, 07:21 PM
violent and bloody activity.

You must mean boxing and UFC

pefjr
08-29-2009, 07:40 PM
Ya know, if you extracted your head, the air would smell
soooo much better.

You are living proof God has a sense of humor.