PDA

View Full Version : David Kilcullen

peterAustralia
08-27-2009, 08:20 AM
This fellow is a former Australian Army officer and an expert in counter insurgency warfare. At the moment he is doing the rounds of the radio stations here, in part to spruke his book, but mostly to explain his ideas.

This guy is really impressive!

I have heard him on the radio now several times, and have been extremely impressed with what he has had to say.

He was an adviser to General Petraus and also to Condoleeza Rice. He has been in Iraq advising companies there on the best method of fighting. I am not a fan of the US action in Iraq, but I must accept that in the last couple of years there has been a new strategy that has proved extremely successful. I am not saying that Mr Kilcullen is the be all and end all behind this success, but rather that he was and is a part of the success, and that he has books, articles and speeches available to be read, whereas other players may not publicly express their ideas.

His book is called the accidental guerrilla, I have not read it.

All I can say, is that based on what I have heard on the radio, he comes across as extremely impressive. Here is a wikipedia article that might tell you a few things. He was on Phillip Adam's show today on Radio National here in Australia, there may possibly be a transcript available.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Kilcullen