X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul Pless
    pinko commie tree hugger
    • Oct 2003

EEOC Claim

We have a new first. We had a round of hiring in November at the kennel and from that time period I have received an official letter of inquiry from the EEOC. One of the applicants has complained that we did not hire him because he has a current racial discrimination lawsuit pending against a previous employer.

What a jerkoff... we didn't hire him because because he interviewed poorly; I didn't even know about the lawsuit.

This process cost him no time nor money, yet will end up requiring me to have our corporate lawyer address the issue, despite the fact that I have less than 15 employees and am not covered by the EEOc act.

For the record, more than 50% of my current staff are minorities, including one that will be promoted to the top salaried position at the kennel by the end of this year.
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.
  • brad9798
    • May 2000

Re: EEOC Claim

Welcome to the world, Paul!

Happens all the time ... but somehow I/we are expected to shell out money while they get free representation by some blood-sucking super-lib attorney!

I've told this before, but many years back there was a big commercial construction company that the EEOC got on about their % of minority employees ... the owner asked what percentage was required, and then asked HR what % they had.

I cannot remember the exact numbers, but he had WAY more minorities than was required ... because of the threats and accusations by the employment attorney, the owner promptly fired as many minorities as needed to get down to the minimum number.

You can't do that, Fred! "I just did." he said!

Nothing else matters but how I raise my children ... and their opinion of me, as a father.

Comment

• brad9798
      • May 2000

The real reason you didn't hire was probably because he was not qualified, did not present himself too well, and seemingly would not be a good fit to do what you needed.

For a lot of folks, the aforementioned translates into you don't like me because I am (insert terminology here)!

The last minority I did not hire played the race card with me (thankfully, nothing ever came of it) ... I called others into my office for witnesses (including minorities) and told him:

"I am not hiring you because you are not qualified, are dressed inappropriately, are arrogant, and basically a complete a$$hole, now beat it!"

I think he got the message!

Nothing else matters but how I raise my children ... and their opinion of me, as a father.

Comment

• Paul Pless
        pinko commie tree hugger
        • Oct 2003

He interviewed so poorly I didn't even call his references or check his previous employment record.
        Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Comment

• brad9798
          • May 2000

The typical rule of thumb is if it's under $25K, just write'em a check.

Therein lies the problem!

Comment

Working...