PDA

View Full Version : What? No comment on Jackson's homicide?

The Bigfella
08-24-2009, 09:24 PM
Last month's man, forgotten already?

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/people/michael-jacksons-death-ruled-a-homicide-20090825-ewsu.html

seanz
08-24-2009, 09:36 PM
That's showbiz baby.......

Sounds like he was seriously unwell. The thing I keep asking about Jackson is....he was surrounded by people, why weren't any of them looking after him, why were they all just catering to his whims?

The Bigfella
08-24-2009, 09:40 PM
Following the gravy train.

botebum
08-24-2009, 09:42 PM
I don't understand this statement from the linked article- "A designation of homicide means that Jackson died at the hands of another, but does not necessarily mean a crime was committed." Can someone 'splain it to me? Wouldn't it at least be criminal in the sense of negligence by the Dr. for giving in to Jackson's demands?

Doug

Lew Barrett
08-24-2009, 09:46 PM
I'm no lawyer, but isn't an accidental death at the hands of another (like a DR. administering a lethal dose, or misdiagnosing a problem) a homicide? Or would that be manslaughter? I never really quite understood the differences, but then, I've never tried to, either. As Mr. Mackey, my favorite guidance councilor used to say; "Drugs are bad." In any case, it's sad and almost as problematic is that it won't be out of the news for a long, long time.

skuthorp
08-24-2009, 09:50 PM
Following the gravy train.

I agree with that assesment. Jackson was paying the ante and calling the shots. OK so he was seriously messed up, but I presume legally sane. "I want" meant that he got.

Glen Longino
08-24-2009, 09:53 PM
I don't understand this statement from the linked article- "A designation of homicide means that Jackson died at the hands of another, but does not necessarily mean a crime was committed." Can someone 'splain it to me? Wouldn't it at least be criminal in the sense of negligence by the Dr. for giving in to Jackson's demands?

Doug

The doctor can be charged with manslaughter, but then he must be found guilty by a court, or not.

Vince Brennan
08-24-2009, 10:07 PM
wgas?

Cuyahoga Chuck
08-24-2009, 10:35 PM
He did himself in.
He was so loaded with medications they didn't have to embalm him.
If he would have survived this round the next would have probably got him, anyway.

The Bigfella
08-24-2009, 10:52 PM
Funny thing about embalming.

Since the widespread use of refrigeration during the latter half of the 19th century, embalming has been totally uneccessary. It is now the ultimate vanity.

Anyone who has seen a trocar used wouldn't sign up for it.

doorstop
08-25-2009, 03:25 AM
Jack who?

Andrew Craig-Bennett
08-25-2009, 04:31 AM
Who cares?

Andrew Craig-Bennett
08-25-2009, 05:06 AM
But it is laughable!

Death of a man who was paid far too much money just because he could sing and dance.

Parents who don't favour hiring their children out to be groped for money may sleep a little easier, I suppose.

MiddleAgesMan
08-25-2009, 05:06 AM
Overreaching by the DA's office, plain and simple. If the doctor administered a normal dose but that dose was too much for MJ the charge shouldn't be anything more than manslaughter, and he'd probably bet the rap.

downthecreek
08-25-2009, 05:11 AM
Who cares?

Ditto. I don't think I have ever knowingly seen or heard this man perform. I have been vaguely aware of him as a freakish individual and, probably, a degenerate and deceitful paedophile, but he is, and was, of no interest or significance to me whatsoever.

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
08-25-2009, 05:13 AM
and admitting the fact that he's burning to act.....

Phillip Allen
08-25-2009, 05:15 AM
looks like the cops want in on the gravy train

Chris Coose
08-25-2009, 05:51 AM
Reads like Howard Hughes.
Only in America would such freaks make enough money to piss in mason jars on the top floor of the most expensive hotel in the world.

brad9798
08-25-2009, 06:21 AM
Cool ... now I can get ready for more two-hour specials on Dateline NBC and 48 Hours: Mystery.

:rolleyes:

Tylerdurden
08-25-2009, 06:39 AM
Don't look now but but something is happening behind the curtain.

Instead we will show you photos of some Pedo who died.

Rigadog
08-25-2009, 06:40 AM
He was a drug addict. Shame on the law for going after the doctor.

brad9798
08-25-2009, 07:37 AM
He was a drug addict. Shame on the law for going after the doctor.

That, my friends, sums up the situation.

Our bloodlust is embarassing ... junkies tend to die young. We don't have to have a witch hunt. :mad:

Andrew Craig-Bennett
08-25-2009, 08:19 AM
Hear, hear.

Mrleft8
08-25-2009, 08:25 AM
The Dr.'s a Trini.... Nothing surprising about his attention span... :rolleyes:

kazeai1969
08-25-2009, 08:39 AM
What about the argument that he was nothing more than a product of his environment (IOW, no proper father figure, tons of $$ from day one....etc. etc.)?
Take a second to youtube him gents - not saying that what he did (or didn't do?) over the course of his 50 years was completely "normal", but you cannot deny the man did not have a ton of very marketable talent....
PS does promising never to listen to MJ (or moonwalk) on my wooden boat get me off the hook?:)

Before things went "wrong" and because we are all admirers of the classics:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYx3BR2aJA4

Art Read
08-25-2009, 08:52 AM
"A designation of homicide means that Jackson died at the hands of another, but does not necessarily mean a crime was committed." Can someone 'splain it to me? Wouldn't it at least be criminal in the sense of negligence by the Dr. for giving in to Jackson's demands?"

"Homicide" isn't a crime. It simply means one's death was caused by another human being. "Murder", "manslaughter", "negligent homicide", etc., ARE crimes.

Plenty of non-criminal homicide going on all the time. "Combat". "Justifiable homicide". "Self defense". "Misadventure". "Lethal injection"....

"Sometimes.... A man jes' needs killin'...."

John of Phoenix
08-25-2009, 09:47 AM
A quiet death for a tortured soul. Probably best he went the way he did.

That said, let's hear it for a "Jackson Free Zone".

I, Rowboat
08-25-2009, 11:44 AM
I'm afraid I don't have any idea what you are all talking about. Was this person famous?

brad9798
08-25-2009, 12:19 PM
Oh my ... :rolleyes:

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
08-25-2009, 12:30 PM
Those of us who remember Michael Jackson as a child star are left wondering, what the hell happened to that poor guy?

andrewe
08-25-2009, 01:17 PM
Larry King has had little else on since he died. Ick!! (Wife tunes in in case of interest, not a lot recently...)
A very unseemly chase after one's share of 'Glory'

Yes, he was good in his day, long time ago.
A