PDA

View Full Version : Shooting at Home of Senator R C Soles

botebum
08-23-2009, 07:45 PM
Moments ago- Breaking News (http://www.wwaytv3.com/shooting_home_state_senator_rc_soles/08/2009) According to TV news, the Senator is being questioned as the shooter.

Doug

botebum
08-23-2009, 07:48 PM
It's always interesting when pols get involved in shootem' ups.

Doug

Milo Christensen
08-23-2009, 07:51 PM
*shrugs* He's a STATE Senator...who cares, other than NC residents?

You just gotta love Normy's compassion and sensitivity. But you should care, Norman. He's a Democratic State Senator. He's being investigated for allegedly groping a 15 year old male.

Doug: Is the Senator the shooter? Is that what you're saying?

botebum
08-23-2009, 07:54 PM
They said he's bring questioned as being the shooter but early information is often far from the final truth in these things and the info was only minutes old when I heard it on the TV.

Doug

Phillip Allen
08-23-2009, 07:57 PM
I don't give a **** about his party affiliation.

Oh yes you DO!

George Jung
08-23-2009, 10:19 PM
Oh yes you DO!

Hehehe! :p

Careful, Phillip; ol' Norman will call ya out for a shootout, if you keep waffling! :D

Tylerdurden
08-23-2009, 10:25 PM
Oh yes you DO!

:D:D:D

ChaseKenyon
08-24-2009, 03:25 AM
Originally Posted by Phillip Allen http://www.woodenboat.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.woodenboat.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2297200#post2297200)
Oh yes you DO!
:D:D:D

:rolleyes::p

The Bigfella
08-24-2009, 03:31 AM
OK, what sane parent would name their son R Soles?

Then again, I guess that's an Aussie saying, sorta the local version of naming him Ass Soles.

Tom Galyen
08-24-2009, 05:17 AM
Personally I agree with Phillip, had the senator been a Republican Norm would have been all over it with another claim as to how EVIL those Republicans are. Since he is a Democrat, however, its a big yawn about him being only a State Senator.

We must keep in mind however that all Democrats must march lock step in line with the party proletariat platform which includes anti-gun planks, so the question becomes where did the gun come from, why did he pay one guy $8000.00 while the other was in prison etc.

My this is interesting.

botebum
08-24-2009, 06:00 AM
As it turns out, two former law clients of Soles kicked down Soles' door in an attempt to gain entry. Soles then shot one of the men in the leg. Soles has not been charged. THe investigation continues.
I know you're trying to be funny with your comments about the entire left being against guns but don't you think that's pretty much been proven false by now? Fear and lies, that's all it is.

Doug

Tylerdurden
08-24-2009, 06:26 AM
When seconds count the police are only minutes away.

Ian McColgin
08-24-2009, 08:19 AM
He's a southern Dem so, if true to the stereotype, not liberal. Anyway, this was in his role as an attorney. As Denny Crane proved, some clients need shooting.

Phillip Allen
08-24-2009, 08:59 AM
He's a southern Dem so, if true to the stereotype, not liberal. Anyway, this was in his role as an attorney. As Denny Crane proved, some clients need shooting.

you guys still hate the South don't ya?

Tylerdurden
08-24-2009, 09:06 AM
you guys still hate the South don't ya?

They hate anyone who does not follow their brand of politics.

No Credibility in my book now. See Ian is cruising around while Cindy Sheehan is just offshore from Obama protesting to bring our boys home in Ian's neighborhood. Elfs too. It was a cause celeb when a republican sat but now how many libs are still on the protest front lines?
See its bad when the other team kills our boys for the corporate cause but its okay when our team kills them.:confused:

Milo Christensen
08-24-2009, 09:09 AM

Seems the liberals on the forum are coming unglued at the same pace as their hopes for cramming their legislative agenda down our throats. First Norman, now Ian.

Tylerdurden
08-24-2009, 09:17 AM
Seems the liberals on the forum are coming unglued at the same pace as their hopes for cramming their legislative agenda down our throats. First Norman, now Ian.

Its about power. They are finger men Ian, Norman and their counterparts on the right. Once they have the power the outcome is the same. Yeah our team wins! Ignore the pimples and boils.

Liberty minded folks care not about power, they just want to be left alone in the pursuit of happiness. That is contrary to both sides red or blue. Fascism hides behind many masks.

Milo Christensen
08-24-2009, 09:22 AM
It's just fascinating to see Ian go on and on against a legal death penalty and turn around and advocate a vigilante lawyer mediated death penalty.

The whole Norman and Ian - I don't care, he's not mine or he's not a true liberal - is so at odds with the unbelievable volume of posts attacking any Republican anywhere.

Phillip Allen
08-24-2009, 09:44 AM
...and on it goes..."our s**t don't stink!"

Tylerdurden
08-24-2009, 10:40 AM
"North Carolina State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, the longest-serving lawmaker in the General Assembly, shot an intruder as he tried to break into his home Sunday. He shot 22-year-old Thomas Kyle Blackburn in the leg as Blackburn and another man allegedly tried to break down his door. They apparently were both legal clients of the senator.

The Senator, who has made a career of being against guns for you and me, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger, and was the victim of a crime against himself.

In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the "Do as I say and not as I do" anti gun Democrat picked up his gun and took action in what apparently was self defense ahooting, something he doesn't want you be able to do.

His life must and personal safety must be be far more valuable than yours or mine.
But, this is to be expected from those who believe they can run our lives, raise our kids, and protect our families better than we can."
http://secondamendmentfreedom.blogspot.com/2009/08/anti-gun-n-c-state-state-senator-shoots.html

Hypocrite fits right in.:D

Ian McColgin
08-24-2009, 06:50 PM
I guess the Denny Crane line was not sufficiently blatant to tip some folk off to the joke. Sorry.