PDA

View Full Version : My Home Town

Virgin Gal
08-21-2009, 05:40 PM
:):):D FIBERGLASS.....................

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/crime/news_wtnh_guilford_highway_boat_crash_video_200908 201440

BrianW
08-21-2009, 06:30 PM
Thank goodness. I hope the engines are okay.

switters
08-21-2009, 06:41 PM
was the boat really attached to the truck like in the article or was it just the the safety chain under the winch and the strap holding it on? Inquiring minds want to know.

stevebaby
08-21-2009, 06:41 PM
By stealing and smashing up a F*********S boat the thief has (inadvertently) done the world a favour.
My thoughts and prayers are also with the engines and I hope they make a speedy recovery.

Mrleft8
08-22-2009, 07:34 AM
What an idiot! Everyone knows you need at least an F-250 to tow a boat that size!
Tied up the hiway for hours right before rush hour on a hot summer afternoon.....He's lucky someone didn't strangle him.

botebum
08-22-2009, 07:37 AM
Tied up the hiway for hours right before rush hour on a hot summer afternoon.... It's not like you ever go anywhere:p

Doug

brad9798
08-22-2009, 07:40 AM
Glass or not, that is/was a VERY nice Whaler ... :(

Mrleft8
08-22-2009, 08:13 AM
It's not like you ever go anywhere:p

DougActually, it caused a major traffic jam on Rt. 1 in town because they diverted all the traffic off of I-95 on to local roads while they cleaned up the hiway. It took me about 15 minutes to go the equivalent of 1 block. And unlike certain other people, other countries don't deny me entrance when I travel...:D:p

botebum
08-22-2009, 08:23 AM
:D:D

Doug

Mrleft8
08-22-2009, 08:37 AM
quite a mess in that video

It was. I'll see if the wreck is in the tow company yard. If it is I'll try to get some pics.

botebum
08-22-2009, 09:12 AM
Remember those old Boston Whaler ad where a guy sawn the boat in two?That's also been done by McKeeCraft and Sundance and several other companies since but I think you may be correct that BW started the marketing idea.

Doug

Tylerdurden
08-23-2009, 09:11 AM
Is it just me or does it seem apparently normal people are going nuts at a greater pace than usual?

Mrleft8
08-23-2009, 09:13 AM
Is it just me or does it seem apparently normal people are going nuts at a greater pace than usual?You're not going nuts at a greater pace than usual....You've been going nuts at high speed for years now! ;):D

Tylerdurden
08-23-2009, 09:28 AM
You're not going nuts at a greater pace than usual....You've been going nuts at high speed for years now! ;):D

I am nuckin futs. True happiness lies along the razors edge of sanity you know?:p

Hwyl
08-23-2009, 09:40 AM
My computer is too slow to watch the video. I'll be the first in this thread, to question the actions of the police. They sideswiped him because he had stolen a boat????

Carter, I though you were a Suthern belle?

Tylerdurden
08-23-2009, 09:45 AM
My computer is too slow to watch the video. I'll be the first in this thread, to question the actions of the police. They sideswiped him because he had stolen a boat????

Carter, I though you were a Suthern belle?

I bet you knew the customer who already purchased the boat was the INS?;)

MiddleAgesMan
08-23-2009, 08:10 PM
I didn't see any side-swiping going on, just a dumb-ass thief thinking if he dumped his load he would have a better chance of getting away.

Paul Pless
08-23-2009, 08:31 PM
That's also been done by McKeeCraft and Sundance and several other companies since but I think you may be correct that BW started the marketing idea.

DougNope. . . Forest L. Woods was the first to market his boats that way.

Captain Intrepid
08-23-2009, 08:42 PM

He was swerving back and forth trying to dump the boat, just forgot it was tied on.

And if they did have room to force him to stop by sideswiping him in a location where it would endanger other traffic... do it. When you start careening around in a ton or two of steel at dangerously high speeds you're just as able to kill someone as a nut with a kalashnikov.

Vince Brennan
08-23-2009, 10:00 PM
Holland was eventually arrested and charged with larceny, reckless endangerment, reckless driving and other motor vehicle charges.
Such as being an a**hole, thinking he could get away from The Connecticut Schutzstaffel, stealing an FG boat in the first place and SO many more.

Just wondering why Offiser Opie didn't have his lights on until he pulled across numbnutz' bows, though....