PDA

View Full Version : Joe! I converted...

BrianW
08-18-2009, 11:58 PM
Guess who's posting from the latest version of the iPhone. ;)

seanz
08-19-2009, 12:19 AM
For a second there, I thought you'd shaved your head.
:D

P.L.Lenihan
08-19-2009, 01:20 AM
or forgot how to spell :D:D:D

Cheers!

Peter

Yeadon
08-19-2009, 02:19 AM
I don't see a photo of you.

boylesboats
08-19-2009, 02:33 AM

Thats funny. I haven't seen a photo of Brian before.. But those tow boats he operate are sweet....

BrianW
08-19-2009, 02:44 AM

I'm working on the 'extended arm, above the head, look really cool" pose.

Tomorrow when the lights better. Perhaps.

Just spent way too much time transferring about 90 phone numbers to the new phone.

BrianW
08-19-2009, 02:47 AM
Thats funny. I haven't seen a photo of Brian before.. But those tow boats he operate are sweet....

Two birds with one stone...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BrianW/North%20Slope/briandrivingbayboat-1.jpg

Shoot, beside everyone's favorite forumite (Joe) I thought I was pretty well documented in picture.

boylesboats
08-19-2009, 03:00 AM
Wow thank Brian... Cool picture... Look as you love your job well

BrianW
08-19-2009, 03:11 AM
Wow thank Brian... Cool picture... Look as you love your job well

Well the hammers are down (lots of throttle) and someone else is paying for the fuel. :)

But yes, running boats for a living don't suck.

Not anywhere near the Gareth standard, running sailing yachts around the world, but it'll do.

Only could be better if they were wood, and not aluminum.

Joe (SoCal)
08-19-2009, 05:09 AM
So be honest how do you like the iPhone ;)

brad9798
08-19-2009, 07:17 AM
They have phones in AK?? :confused:

;)

Tom Galyen
08-19-2009, 08:06 AM
Congratulations Brian,

Do you have 3G in Alaska? We don't yet in central Illinois, although they are beta testing now.

Which one did you get a 3G or 3GS and is it 16 or 32 Gigabytes, Black or White. Details man details. :)

Welcome to the bright side of the force!

Tom Montgomery
08-19-2009, 08:14 AM
Congratulations on your enlightened decision to purchase an iPhone 3GS and join The Rest Of Us!

And now a note from our Fearless Leader:

Huxley, not Orwell, might have been correct about the future -- ie that we'll be controlled not by forces that inflict pain but by forces that inflict pleasure; that the truth won't be kept from us, but rather will be drowned out by oceans of information; and that we will become a passive, trivial, self-centered culture obsessed with useless activities and meaningless "news."

Sound familiar? Well, all I can say is that I'm very, very proud to have been part of this incredible revolution. And if you haven't yet purchased the new MacBook Pro, please do so immediately, because you are already at risk of falling behind. And now that you've purchased the new iPhone 3GS, get busy downloading every last one of those 70,000 amazing, life-changing apps.

Did you know that now, thanks to iPhone, you can use location services to tell your friends where are you are at any given moment, and if they're on iPhone and have that same app they can find you, and then you can then ask iPhone to tell you if there are any Tex-Mex restaurants within a five-block radius, and what movies are playing at the nearest cinema? Then you can use Twitter (or, rather, one of the 14,000 Twitter apps) to tell your followers what you're up to, and automatically feed that into your Facebook page so that your Facebook friends can comment on your movie plans, and advertisers can scour your personal messages and use keyword searches to send target messages to each of you, and deep thinkers like Robert Scoble and Chris Anderson will reassure you that you are not just getting sucked into the maw of the brain-killing machine, and this is not just mindless time-wasting twattle but is in fact extremely profound and revolutionary and important and intellectually challenging. Because in the old days you just read books and that was so passive, but now you're so engaged and interactive, you're not just a media consumer but you're also a media creator -- why, in fact, you're a public intellectual -- and if you don't fully immerse yourself in every last bit of this **** then you will no longer be participating in your culture which means you will lose your job and everyone will laugh at you because you just don't get it and you might as well be some 90-year-old dude sitting in a pee-stained bathrobe drooling.

Ain't we all so cool? Well, peace out, info-forward tech-savvy zombies. Have a great Saturday, and fire up the Twitter, and try not to think too much.*

Namaste.
Steve

http://fakesteve.blogspot.com/search?q=iPhone+3GS

rbgarr
08-19-2009, 08:16 AM
FWIW: Smartphones as an equity investment: http://nymag.com/news/businessfinance/bottomline/58343/

Pete Dorr
08-19-2009, 08:28 AM
We just replaced a 5 month old iPhone with the latest version.

Mostly because the old phone is about 55' below sea level somewhere north of Cuttyhunk

paladin
08-19-2009, 09:01 AM
Sacrilege...! Everyone in Alaska uses Single sideband.....

JimD
08-19-2009, 09:46 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BrianW/North%20Slope/briandrivingbayboat-1.jpg

That's not a catboat.

BrianW
08-19-2009, 12:31 PM
Congratulations Brian,

Do you have 3G in Alaska? We don't yet in central Illinois, although they are beta testing now.

Maybe in Anchorage, but I'm getting the Edge icon here in Sitka.

Got the black 16g 3Gs version. Stuck it on an Otter box protector to help it survive when I'm at work.