PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Wanted.........Need Boat...............

jack grebe
08-17-2009, 07:57 PM
Sooooooooooo, Jr. finally got down on 1 knee(bout time) and
she said yes:D. Now she want to be married on a boat.......Spelled
S A I L B O A T :cool:........yep, he sure can pick um:rolleyes:.
Anyway, He calls me and wants to know if I know anyone with
a boat (duh).........This, after a trip a few yrs back, to Mystic
and the EBS @ Doug and Carters..................

So, date is set at 9/10/10
Anyone, between S.Jersey and Conn. have a sailboat that
would carry 15-20 people for the ceremony?

Phillip Allen
08-17-2009, 08:03 PM
maybe Margo will sail up there...

BrianW
08-17-2009, 08:42 PM
Congrats Jack!!!

You've got a year, build one!

;)

Bill Huson
08-17-2009, 08:45 PM
Sooooooooooo, Jr. finally got down on 1 knee(bout time) and
she said yes:D. Now she want to be married on a boat.......Spelled
S A I L B O A T :cool:........yep, he sure can pick um:rolleyes:.
Anyway, He calls me and wants to know if I know anyone with
a boat (duh).........This, after a trip a few yrs back, to Mystic
and the EBS @ Doug and Carters..................

So, date is set at 9/10/10
Anyone, between S.Jersey and Conn. have a sailboat that
would carry 15-20 people for the ceremony?

Beaufort, NC (pronounced Bowfert). There's a 42' catamaran at the city dock - basic dolphin tour boat - and it has been used for wedding parties. My friend got married on it last year.

botebum
08-17-2009, 09:53 PM
If I could just get to the house long enough to boink the wife and still have time to get out to the shop ...:D
Congrats to the youngun' and good luck with the boat. Someone will come through for you, I'm sure.

Doug

ChaseKenyon
08-17-2009, 11:45 PM
not a sailboat but the MV MT Kearsarge on Lake Sunapee is a dinner cruise boat. And the owner Peter who also own the Appleseed Inn here in town Is really cool and you could not get better catered food on any boat marriage anywhere.

Lake Sunapee is some 1100 to 1200 ft above see level and is surrounded by beautiful ski mountains and has water clean enough to be used as a public water supply at the out flow in Sunapee Harbor. Today at 92* for 2 hours has been promised as the hottest day of the year. We rarely get over 82*. You can see 30 or more feet down with polarized lenses. In the summer and fall they have chairlift runs to the summit of MT Sunapee. From the summit with high powered scope, Mounted and available for 25cts, you can see all the way to CT and NY. Bare eyeballs get you 17 to 25 ski mountains in NH and VT if your eyes are good, including a clear view all the way to MT Washington Summit.

Lost of excellent lodging from Spa Centers to some of the top nationally awarded (like my next door neighbor) Bed and Breakfasts. Remember close to 1/3 of Sunapees shoreline is all in conservation land trust.

If intersted, Pete can arrange the whole thing for you. Probably pretty reasonably. If you give me a pm with your home address I will send you plenty of brochures and such. My children graduated from a High school at the end of a road where it turns into a class 4 dirt track Yet has close to 1000 students who graduate on the big back lawn surrounded by forest and mountains with no houses in sight. We have been a resort area since the 1840s, but it has never been over built and turned from nature to Coney Island or a six flags thing.

You come up and you will want to stay.

CHase:D

ChaseKenyon
08-17-2009, 11:48 PM
P.S. we are about 2.25 hours north from Hartford CT. and I used to make it to and from Old Saybrook CT by a special back route in 2.75 hours.:)

also we were a few years ago the site of the Star Boat nationals and have hosted the Internationals if IIRC. Home to a fleet of the nicest restored and replicated varnished speedboats around. Everyhthing from GarWoods to Rivas and even 2 not 1 but 2 Boesch runabouts (See article in WBM done here at the lake).

botebum
08-18-2009, 12:01 AM
Workin' it kinda' hard ain't ya' Chase?:D

Doug

skuthorp
08-18-2009, 02:38 AM
Congratulations Jack, so you got one who likes boats, so buy one to get married on? Not flush enough for a boat that size? Find a barge to moor to, or book a private jetty in a pleasant location to tie up too. That way you can sail off into the sunset leaving the guests to do the washing up. You've got a year to find it.

martin schulz
08-18-2009, 02:49 AM
Now she want to be married on a boat.......Spelled
S A I L B O A T

Nice Idea :)

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii188/sionnachan/vorTrauung.jpg

ChaseKenyon
08-18-2009, 03:37 AM
Workin' it kinda' hard ain't ya' Chase?:D

Doug Not really Doug. I'm from Ct and Grew up Summers half on the shore in RI and Half up here on Squam of "Golden Pond" fame. My folks lived on the sound with salt channel for boats in the back yard, it came up to 15 feet of lawn away from the above ground pool, in Old Saybrook near the Cornfield point Inn/Castle. Ask lefty about That place and sunset sails on the sound every night.

This place is better. i would not offer to share this rare (few left in the northeast even lake Hopatacong in NJ has gone commercial) Still pristine but with good services and access very natural place to any other group except the WBF family. Folks in the \Blue Ridge Mts. cold just hike the Appalachian Trail to four miles from my house. The only industry in my town other than tourism is Logging. and that is very strictly controlled as to not damage the land by both the state and the towns.

I have four empty rooms Doug. the house is rough and needs major rebuilding but with the back disablility now that I have time and some small amount of money to go with thirty years of job site materials salvage it is one room and things at a time.

Make you deal Doug you come up for a week or two and if you do not agree with me about this place I'llhelp out of my disability pay for your gas to go back home.

just google Mt Kearsarge Mt Sunapee region or as it sometimes listed as the Dartmouth/Sunapee region.

yea we are easy commute to both Dartmouth College home of the original according to the writer "Animal House" and home to the major medical research and training facility at Dartmouth Hitchcock Hospital and medical Center.

We are only two hours from down town Boston (son Sam lives in Cambridge over looking the Charles River, 1.5 hour to 1.75 to the seacoast Duaghter Theresa live s in Dover, 45 minutes to big 26 mile long lake Winnepausaukee, Three major ski areas local and 25 with in 1 hour. the list goes on and oni. You have to come and see it to believe it.

You are welcome anytime my friend. Good food (I worked as a no 2 chef responsible for all seafood dishes and fill in for the boss ot house specialties at then Hartford CT's most reknown French Restaurant while I was still in High School) You will gain a bit of lbs but not much as it is all low fat methods.

:D:D:D:D (I love to cook for family and guests)

Tomorrow's menu is rotary spit cooked indirect heat outdoor grill Mesquite and Hickory chip smoked Turkey tenderlions marinated with a mild dijon sauce and with honey dijon and bacon glaze while cooking , served on a bed of Royal Basmati Rice and Native american harvested true wild rice and sliverd almonds, fresh steamed broccoli crowns in a dribbled mild (just a hint) dill and tarragon butter glaze.

Strawberry filled and covered angel food cake with hard whipped real heavy cream with a dash of vanilla to hold it all together. :D
Chase

If you are into literary things and world we have many famous Authors around. Burton Hersh is a few houses away and walks by the house on his excercise walk almost daily,and often stops to chat.

They are just local guys to us and I have taught skiing and snowboarding to Steve Tyler and Joe Perry's family. Both of them and the other AeroSmith members are all really nice down to earh folks.

jack grebe
08-18-2009, 05:52 AM
Congratulations Jack, so you got one who likes boats,
NO..............I am not getting married again:eek:.

Jr is getting married:D