PDA

View Full Version : Have unions take over health care?

Dan McCosh
08-14-2009, 01:12 PM
Rush Limbaugh has had a string of union officials on the air, testifying about how good the union-run health care plans are for their members. The Teamsters, United Mine Workers, and a Hollywood craft union have all been on. I've never seen Limbaugh so enthusiast about powerful national unions and collective bargaining before. Is he preparing to endorse the UAW's health plan holding GM stock next? Wait and see.

Canoeyawl
08-14-2009, 04:16 PM
They probably have the pensions fund tied up in Insurance company schemes

John Smith
08-14-2009, 06:38 PM
Rush Limbaugh has had a string of union officials on the air, testifying about how good the union-run health care plans are for their members. The Teamsters, United Mine Workers, and a Hollywood craft union have all been on. I've never seen Limbaugh so enthusiast about powerful national unions and collective bargaining before. Is he preparing to endorse the UAW's health plan holding GM stock next? Wait and see.
Can we verify they actually are union officials?

Dan McCosh
08-15-2009, 12:27 PM
They are, although some seem pretty odd-like the UMW rep who talks about "getting insurance from the companies", apparently oblivious that the union runs its own health plan--instituted by John L. Lewis himself. The unions represent the kind of bloc that sees that they have theirs, so don't mess with the system. That an anti-union force like Limbaugh sides with them is ironic. He's griping about the UAW taking over their health care at the same time. That the Democrats didn't see this coming before they put this plan out is more evidence of the political disorganization going on.