PDA

View Full Version : ahem... I think I have a touch of the...

Wild Dingo
08-14-2009, 03:08 AM
Idiot factor...

From all the spending I did in recent months during my recent surjorn to the other side of the pond I had thought I was over it... spending too much money that is :rolleyes:

But sure as god made little green flamin apples the idiot factor has struck again...

Was I happy buying a new fangled phone when I got back?
NO I BLOODY WELL WASNT!! :mad:

The idiot factor struck and I lashed out and bought a figgin iphone didnt I? Why? well simply because the new fangled phone I had bought would not let the pics Id taken on the thing go across to the mac laptop... so... idiot factor took over and 900 smackers later I have a bloody iphone now I walk around everywhere with my hand firmly in my friggin pocket where the damned thing is sitting worried Im either gonna loose the thing or someone will nick it!!! strewth :rolleyes:

Oh... and for absolute assurance that the idiot factor has taken complete control... but for which some here Peter and Mikey for starters will think its a great thing not an idiot thing to do... BUT they are wrong wrong wrong!!!... see little idiot me was walking past... PAST I SAY... the local music store and thought "ahh why not just have a wee gander?" so in I went... Im casually lookin around picking up a guitar here and there strummin a few bars on this one pluggin in another and whackin out a couple of small rifs on another... when by all thats holey the damned idiot factor belted into gear again!!!

Yep...

ANOTHER bloody guitar!!... this time a real sweet Ibanez acustic... oh and hard case... oh and amp cause I dont have one of them and have 2 electrics... oh and a harmonica... oh and... nah that was it :rolleyes:

Soooo... whats this mean? Well idiot me now has a bloody great trailer load and roof rack load of gear to take back to Broome from Albany (3 day drive) but also has to find room INSIDE his totally packed car not only for 3 guitars 1 banjo 1 acustic but also an amp!!! AND THEN I HAVE TO BE ABLE TO GET INTO THE THING AND DRIVE IT FOR 3 FRIGGIN DAYS!!

Can anyone say...

Shane

Your a total bloody IDIOT!!! :p

but in my defence... man its sure sweet... pure and clean... just like I likes me womens!! ;)

Tom Galyen
08-14-2009, 05:29 AM
Sorry, but no can do.

No one, I repeat, No one who buys an iPhone is an idiot of any kind. It is the best piece of technical kit that God has allowed man to build thus far. :) :)

Congratulations!

elf
08-14-2009, 07:00 AM
Shane, you better get a band together.

MiddleAgesMan
08-14-2009, 07:12 AM
Nah, you'll be OK with all that stuff to carry--you have an iPhone and they have an ap for that. ;)

brad9798
08-14-2009, 07:58 AM
What do you expect ... you just spent significant time in the US! And everyone knows we are all idiots! :D

LeeG
08-14-2009, 08:04 AM
The Pied Piper is loose

Mrleft8
08-14-2009, 08:13 AM
Yer turning into a GIRL!!!!:D

Russ Manheimer
08-14-2009, 08:24 AM
Yes, but you're our bloody idiot.

And we need more pics.

And ain't the iPhone amazing?

elf
08-14-2009, 08:45 AM
And Shane, keep in mind that you're not telling us anything new here.

Bob (oh, THAT Bob)
08-14-2009, 08:22 PM
Um, I need to introduce you to what we call Thrift Shops. Buy used, not new. Patience, that which is introduced today shall eventually be used enough that someone throws it away. Hey that rhymes. :) Most stuff is available used, and the better the quality, the more likely it is available used. (Although admittedly, I usually don't buy used electronics, only things that I can easily evaluate.) Why just the other day I bought three heavy copper bowls, like new, for $5 each. Easily $30-$40 each new. (Holy heck, I just looked online, *cough*, $120 dollars each!? Man has copper gone up.) $150 laptop bag for $8. Lifetime warranted wrenches and a really fine compound-tension hacksaw for $1.50 each (garage sale). Occasional deals at the Pawn shop, usually not, they are out to make money, but a massive 1/2" drive, 250 lb-ft, click-stop torque wrench, new in box, for $15? (I checked it, it's dead-on.) Now, admittedly, the thrift shopping in my town is extraordinary, but these places are multiplying fast. Most run by charities. My rule of thumb is it is a great deal if I can resell it tomorrow for what I paid, therefore no risk. ("Fully depreciated.") If I really want it, I'll pay a bit more.

Storing it all, that's another matter. There I may be a bit of an idiot because I have to pay for storage, I've run out of space.

I wish shipping was less money, I would be mailing stuff to friends all over creation. I have to wait for them to visit.

Peter Kalshoven
08-15-2009, 08:30 PM
Idiot factor...
but for which some here Peter and Mikey for starters will think its a great thing not an idiot thing to do... BUT they are wrong wrong wrong!!!... see little idiot me was walking past... PAST I SAY... the local music store and thought :rolleyes:

It is NOT your fault, Shane. As we have discussed, music stores are evil and enchanted places designed to cloud your mind, and force you to enter them, causing your wallet to spring open and spew money. NOT your fault!

At least, that's the story that I keep telling my wife...

(The only way to avoid this problem is to go shopping with someone else, and help them pick out guitars... then it's their wallets that open, etc.
But I would NEVER do that sort of thing, now would I?)

:)

Bob (oh, THAT Bob)
08-16-2009, 02:37 AM
One can never have enough guitars or velvet paintings of dawgs playing poker or Elvis in a jumpsuit.

cookware
guitars
guns
tools
multi-tools/pocketknives

P.L.Lenihan
08-16-2009, 02:56 AM
[quote=bobbys;2289001]One can never have enough quote]

beer!