08-11-2009, 08:08 PM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f93/shangboat/schoollunch-1.jpg

No.
Not the Obama's kids.
Not the Bush's daughters.
Not the Clinton's daughter.
Not Chaney's daughters.
None of them.
This is a political atmosphere, they are not part of it.

Shang
08-11-2009, 08:12 PM
No, not the Palin kids either.

George Roberts
08-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Mr. Obama has a doctor that follows him everywhere.

Why don't we all have doctors to follow us?

JimD
08-11-2009, 08:58 PM
I had healthy school lunches because my mom made me them to take to school.

seanz
08-11-2009, 09:10 PM
But Shang.......it's their future.

Shang
08-11-2009, 09:19 PM

Because he is the president and you are a twerp.

Bob (oh, THAT Bob)
08-11-2009, 09:51 PM
I disagree. I think the ad is fair game.

Pictures of the president's kids, intrusion into their personal lives, yes, that would be off-limits. But what the ad mentions applies to ALL presidential children. The ad could have left off "Obama" and just said "The president's children" and been just as effective. A similar ad mentioning the children's quality of education would be equally as fair, in my view. Our elected leaders are not royalty.

The only question in my mind is what the current Child Nutrition Act consists of, and whether it is in need of reform. If so, more power to them.

brad9798
08-12-2009, 06:59 AM
The ad campaign has done its intended job ... got the WH all in a bother.

Highly effective if you ask me.

Rigadog
08-12-2009, 07:00 AM

What sort of doctor?

Joe (SoCal)
08-12-2009, 07:45 AM
What sort of doctor?

Given his past I recommend a veterinarian

Mrleft8
08-12-2009, 09:46 AM
Or Kevorkian... ;)

Peter Malcolm Jardine
08-12-2009, 09:47 AM
because he is the president and you are a twerp.

boiiiinnnnggg :D:D

Mrleft8
08-12-2009, 10:53 AM
Ofcourse, The Bush girls (Kinda obscene sounding init?) were fair game, but only when they were falling down drunk, or stoned....

JimD
08-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Or Kevorkian... ;)

Kervorkiancare! I like it. And for the doc's first patient:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f342/pajoyner/SarahPalin.jpg?t=1250094723

Its panel approved! No charge.

Shang
08-12-2009, 11:37 AM
Speaking of the School Lunch Program...

You may recall in 1981, President Reagan’s budget cutter David Stockman, wishing to save money on the School Lunch Program by reducing the minimum allowable size of a meal; lowering the minimum nutritional requirement; and allowing alternatives to meat and vegetables...classified catsup as a vegetable.

Shang
08-12-2009, 11:39 AM
Because he is the president and you are a twerp.

Sorry, George.
You may not be a twerp.

John of Phoenix
08-12-2009, 12:03 PM
Did he rat you out? http://www.woodenboat.com/forum/images/buttons/report.gif

Kevin G
08-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Young Lady:
You do get healthy school lunches, every noontime. Many of you get healthy school breakfast, also. During the summer, you also get healthy "school" lunches and breakfasts, even though school is not in session, and in many cities, there is no charge at all (to you).

I have, though, over 30 years of teaching elementary school , seen you throw away many of those lunches uneaten, preferring to down soda, chips, and other "healthy" foods. If you were to eat the meals provided, you would receive a goodly portion of your daily nutritional needs.

KG

Nanoose
08-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Uh, because their parents pay a hefty tuition and it comes with the school? Should your parents get a good education and be able to afford a private school for you, I'm sure you'll get a good lunch too.

Since WHEN did this become a RIGHT?
Since WHEN did parents stop having to feed their own kids?
Sheesh!!!!!:(

bobbys
08-12-2009, 03:23 PM
Kervorkiancare! I like it. And for the doc's first patient:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f342/pajoyner/SarahPalin.jpg?t=1250094723

Its panel approved! No charge..

HHHMMMMM so you want her dead????.

Does she get a trial or is it The JimD kangaroo court that passed judgment????.

Guess your in the "tolerant" party

bobbys
08-12-2009, 03:27 PM
No, not the Palin kids either..

You guys know how i feel about SP kids but i still maintain leave any family's OUT!!!!.

Imagine the line she dragged his kids on the stage and thus they deserve it.

Dont even put the kids pics up anywhere

High C
08-12-2009, 03:27 PM

HHHMMMMM so you want her dead????.

Does she get a trial or is it The JimD kangaroo court that passed judgment????.

Guess your in the "tolerant" party

It's OK when liberals joke about murdering someone they don't like. They can use the N word, too, no problem. They're above it all.

Bob Cleek
08-12-2009, 03:31 PM
The only question in my mind is what the current Child Nutrition Act consists of, and whether it is in need of reform. If so, more power to them.

Aha! That's the real news story here. It turns out that the "Child Nutrition Act" is another "New Age" "politically correct" touchy-feely pile of PETA-inspired BS being pushed by a bunch of people with more time on their hands than brains in their heads.

What is it? Well, it proposes to change federal law to require every school district in the US to provide not only "healthy meals" as previously defined by the FDA or whoever, but also optional VEGETARIAN menus for kids who "don't eat meat." I'm not sure whether the VEGANS get custom menus too under this act, but odds are they do.

Like the US Congress doesn't have enough to worry about besides accommodating food faddists? Puleeze!

http://www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/sfgate/parenting/2006/11/26/vegans.gif

Glen Longino
08-12-2009, 03:38 PM
It's OK when liberals joke about murdering someone they don't like. They can use the N word, too, no problem. They're above it all.

Anybody can use the N word.
Anybody can joke about anything.
Go ahead, use the N word, I double dog dare you!;)

Kevin G
08-12-2009, 03:54 PM
No!

High C
08-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Anybody can use the N word.
Anybody can joke about anything.
Go ahead, use the N word, I double dog dare you!;)

Kneaux way!

Shang
08-12-2009, 10:12 PM
[from Bob Cleek’s* post] “…Like the US Congress doesn't have enough to worry about besides accommodating food faddists? Puleeze!”

This could be an interesting avenue to explore.
As a vegetarian I would find it offensive if my kid was forced to eat meat in order to partake of the school lunch which was paid for with my tax bucks. In reality I would probably get around this by packing a vegetarian brown bag for my own kid, and write off the cost to “the greater good for the greater number.”
But what about Kosher? I once worked in an institution where I was the only non-Jewish person on the staff, and their dietary rules seemed strange and alien to me. It seems doubtful that a school lunch program would adhere to Kosher standards.
And what if a school had a Muslim population? Would their children be forced to eat food which was not halal?
Some Buddhists take a precept to eat only one meal a day, usually vegetarian.
Jehovah’s Witnesses, in harmony with Acts 15:28,29, abstain from eating blood and from animal meat if the blood has not been properly drained.
Among Hindus observing Sravan July and August may be months of fasting, and some may choose to refrain from consuming grain.
Sikhs do not eat beef, although some do consume other meats.
The Baha’i fast from March 2nd until March 21st.

I am beginning to see the difficulties in composing an Esperanto cookbook that could accommodate everyone’s requirements.

…And what about the vampires…?

________
* Bob Cleek, remember him? The man whose name is pronounced the same in both directions.

Bob (oh, THAT Bob)
08-13-2009, 03:03 AM
Aha! That's the real news story here. It turns out that the "Child Nutrition Act" is another "New Age" "politically correct" touchy-feely pile of PETA-inspired BS being pushed by a bunch of people with more time on their hands than brains in their heads.

What is it? Well, it proposes to change federal law to require every school district in the US to provide not only "healthy meals" as previously defined by the FDA or whoever, but also optional VEGETARIAN menus for kids who "don't eat meat." I'm not sure whether the VEGANS get custom menus too under this act, but odds are they do.

Like the US Congress doesn't have enough to worry about besides accommodating food faddists? Puleeze!

When I have BBQ's with friends (mostly carnivores), along with the meat entre, I serve a healthy vegetable for everyone (sauteed kale, chinese broccoli, zucchini marinara, etc.) , and also have some veggie-burgers or sausage (soy mostly) on hand for the vegans.

The airlines do kosher, as long as they know how many meals they will need in advance, which would be just as easy in a school. They are not vegan one day and meat-eaters the next. They register at the beginning of the school year and that's it.

It's just not that hard, nor costly. Perhaps it will be good practice for school administrators and kitchen personal, to get up to the standards of other industries that produce assemblies of thousands of difference components every day. 500 meat lunches, 40 vegan, 16 kosher, etc., that's not rocket science. Now if the kosher kids want exclusive plates for meat and dairy (never shall the twain meet), that's throwing a wrench into things, they can bring their own plates. Though they do separate plates at Brandeis University, but they get the big bucks.

P.S.- I wouldn't call it food faddists. A LOT of child health problems these days are due to very poor diet. Take a look at the obesity statistics. If I had a kid, anything with high fructose corn syrup with be totally off-limits.

Rigadog
08-13-2009, 11:40 AM
I heard recently that banks nationwide rake in something like 50 billion a year in late and overdraft fees. Why don't we use the money for universal coverage?

Shang
08-13-2009, 07:02 PM
I heard recently that banks nationwide rake in something like 50 billion a year in late and overdraft fees. Why don't we use the money for universal coverage?

I like the way you think.

As of last night a nice lady in India who fronts for Citibank just informed me that because of a Catch-22 I have been charged a fifty dollar late fee, and my interest rate for that account is to be increased by four hundred percent.

Fortunately I am nearly as seductive in Hindi as I am in English, so she agreed to negotiate with Citibank to return to the previous rate.

"Plan B" is to pay the whole gawdamn balance and close the fuggin' account.