PDA

View Full Version : August 15th

The Bigfella
08-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Yep, that's the date.... August 15th - the 40th anniversary of Woodstock.

Have we got any who were there?

Paul Girouard
08-09-2009, 08:14 PM
And here I was thinking you where bringing Mark AKA Tyler's dooms day date up.

BTW I'm to young for the Woodstock experience.:D

The Bigfella
08-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Some things are worth remembering Paul, but he isn't one of them.

I think the missus must be a fan of his though, she's certainly stocked up on toilet paper.... I walked in to the loo the other day and there was so much damn paper in there, I just had to do a stocktake.... 56 rolls of it.

seanz
08-09-2009, 08:43 PM
She's not at 'war' with anybody in the neighbourhood is she?

:)

Good piece on Woodstock on the radio here yesterday.

Lew Barrett
08-09-2009, 10:20 PM
I was there Ian. Friday to Monday. Frankly, my memory of the event is a bit foggy! :D

The Bigfella
08-09-2009, 10:56 PM
I was there Ian. Friday to Monday. Frankly, my memory of the event is a bit foggy! :D

Its OK mate - we won't ask you to elaborate..... although there was a comment in the paper today, something about substances being ingested by the Woodstock crowd these days tend to be topped with blue pills.....

PeterSibley
08-09-2009, 11:00 PM
Yep, that's the date.... August 15th - the 40th anniversary of Woodstock.

Have we got any who were there?

I couldn't quite make it ,a few miles away at the time ....but I saw the movie !!:D

ChaseKenyon
08-09-2009, 11:39 PM
yep,

only a few hours or so from Lime Rock Park Race track. Probably closer to 3 hours we went the northern way through Poughkeepsie.

I was a fresh HS graduate earning money as a service writer asst. service manager at the Chrysler Plymouth dealership before heading to Ft Collins and CSU. we filled two VW buses and my Studebaker Hawk with friends for the trip over to Woodstock From Ct.

You do realize the whole thing did not happen in Woodstock but nearby on a farm a few towns away , I hope?:)

bobbys
08-10-2009, 03:09 AM
My brother and friend asked me to go, I had a car and they needed it to get there, I told my brother i did not want to go, he said take his fly rod and go fishing and he would take my car, He went i went to the Stony brook and caught a limit on royal coachmen s. He and my friend went got soaked and were so far back could not hear anything and said it was miserable, So dont believe it was all terrific.

Mrleft8
08-10-2009, 07:13 AM
I was very young, but I remember seeing news stories on the TV, and hearing people talking about in in the neighborhood. I think some of my friends' older brothers and sisters were there...
They say if you can remember Woodstock, you weren't there... :D

Chris Coose
08-10-2009, 08:41 AM
I was there with a bunch of cronies. Most of whom graduated high school that year. That was some summer.

Pity the life time buddies who took the marine corps recruiter up on the special deal they offered us in high school.

It should also be recognized that there were plnety of music festivals that preceeded Woodstock, especially the traditions in Newport, RI. Everything else afterwards was messy.