PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft tail registration....

paladin
08-09-2009, 07:32 AM
A "former associate" whose politics I definitely disagree with, sends me numerous politically incorrect "jokes"...and other material...which I have politely suggested that I do not care to read.
The latest was a photo of Air Force one with an altered tail number.
Out of curiosity I decided to check and see if such a tail identification number actually existed...and this is what my research found.....it probably slipped unnoticed by the PC crowd, much as sometimes license plates do...

N-number

* Request a Reserved N-Number:
o Online
o In Writing

Serial Number
Name
Make / Model
Engine Reference
Dealer
Document Index
State and County
Territory and Country
N-number Availability

Help
Main Menu
Definitions
N-Number Format
Registrations at Risk
Contact Aircraft
Registration
Contact Web
Administration

FAA Registry
N-Number Inquiry Results
skip navigation
N166ER has multiple records

Aircraft Description

Serial Number 140539 Type Registration Corporation
Manufacturer Name NORTH AMERICAN Certificate Issue Date 08/15/2001
Model T-28C Status Valid
Type Aircraft Fixed Wing Single-Engine Type Engine Reciprocating
Pending Number Change None Dealer No
Date Change Authorized None Mode S Code 50204154
MFR Year 1954 Fractional Owner NO

Registered Owner

Name CHINO WARBIRDS INC
Street 109 N POST OAK LANE #600
City HOUSTON State TEXAS Zip Code 77024
County HARRIS
Country UNITED STATES

Airworthiness

Engine Manufacturer WRIGHT Classification Experimental
Engine Model R-1820 SER Category Exhibition

A/W Date 11/08/1990

This is the most current Airworthiness Certificate data, however, it may not reflect the current aircraft configuration. For that information, see the aircraft record. A copy can be obtained at Http://162.58.35.241/e.gov/ND/airrecordsND.asp

JamesCaird
08-09-2009, 11:24 PM
OK, Chuck-I get it..../JC

Andrew Craig-Bennett
08-10-2009, 03:46 AM
Thanks, Chuck - I got that email too, from a friend whose politics are not mine. I'll send him your findings.

Phillip Allen
08-10-2009, 05:02 AM
I read this yesterday and didn't get it...this morning I looked again and got it...my mind just doesn't work in that direction I guess

what I saw yesterday: N...one hundred and sixty-six...ER
(I'm always a bit sharper in the morning)

paladin
08-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Unfortunately....I have two such "friends" that have the same political views. ...and one is a transplanted Canadian and I definitely don't understand his rationale for his politics. I do work with his son, whose politics seem buried somewhere, so I try to be quiet and polite.

Flying Orca
08-10-2009, 11:11 AM
one is a transplanted Canadian and I definitely don't understand his rationale for his politics.

We have a small but vocal minority that would like to re-make Canada in the USA's image. It's mostly concentrated in Alberta, that being the only province that was predominantly settled by people from the USA, but they are elsewhere as well. They sometimes become disgruntled and move to the States, a resort I strongly encourage. :D