PDA

View Full Version : Click and Clack Brilliance!

Paul Pless
08-08-2009, 09:28 AM
If you take a carburetor apart and put it back together enough times you will eventually end up with enough parts to build two carbs.:D:D:D

I think this rule also applies to most small pre 1970 british roadsters. . .

Captain Blight
08-08-2009, 09:30 AM
Still doesn't address the Prince of Darkness, Lucas ignition.

katey
08-08-2009, 09:38 AM
I remember when a discussion of electric brakes ("OK, first tell us... What are electric brakes?") led them to the conclusion that it was possible for two people to know less about a subject than either one person alone.

George Jung
08-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Extrapolating a bit, I apparently need to dissemble/reassemble my motorbike a few more times - my daughter needs one. Oh, and maybe you can work on some of those fun sportscars you've posted, Paul - a Porsche or S2000 would be acceptable. Send the parts ASAP.

bamamick
08-08-2009, 02:19 PM
This was one of the best shows I can remember. When the young lady from Maine was asking them about whether or not her mid-80's Subaru would make it back from Washington state I about wrecked I was laughing so hard, and then they followed it up with the goat farmer and THEY were laughing so hard I didn't think they would finish! Made my day.

I was listening to an interview with Adam Carolla (sic?) yesterday and apparently he has a similiar show, but he was bragging on his show saying that they talk about cooler cars owned by celebrities. He said that Click and Clack are funny, but who wants to listen to people talk about their old economy cars and such? I DO! Who the hell cares about Jay Leno and his gazillion dollars in cars? I have seen it on television ad nauseum. I like to hear silly people like me who really think that they are going to get help from these two knuckleheads, and occasionally do!

My favourite show on the radio. I listen every week.

Mickey Lake

pcford
08-08-2009, 02:30 PM
I think this rule also applies to most small pre 1970 british roadsters. . .

don't......the nightmare reappears......

John B
08-08-2009, 02:51 PM
roadsters
Yeah, I know what you mean. Poor people can't get a car with a roof. I always tell my kids to feel sorry for them too.

paladin
08-08-2009, 03:14 PM
I had to buy my roof as an extra. It came with a rag top, but the tin one cost more money.

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
08-08-2009, 05:12 PM
If you take a carburetor apart and put it back together enough times you will eventually end up with enough parts to build two carbs.:D:D:D... . .

Good, but you should complete the sentence.

.....neither of which will work.

Nanoose
08-08-2009, 10:52 PM
We LOVE Click and Clack! :D

Saltiguy
08-09-2009, 08:23 AM
Lucas is challenging, but how about Girling? When I owned Brit cars I got so good at hydraulics that I could hone and rebuild a master cylinder in about 20 minutes. That was "routine" maintenance.

Dan McCosh
08-09-2009, 08:55 AM
Lucas and Girling are the same company. As I recall, they introduced disc brakes to the mass market. Although I have a list of Lucas jokes, I also owned two British sports cars that never had an electrical problem. Now when you talk about Italian electrics--pulling the lights on and the windshield wipers start up, etc.--that's another story.

ron ll
08-09-2009, 10:12 AM
The show I remember was when a guy called in about a government truck he was driving and it shook and rattled and made a tremendous amount of noise everytime it started up but after a couple of minutes it would settle down into a nice quiet ride. They questioned him about it for quite a while until they finally figured out he was calling from orbit and the government truck was the space shuttle.

brad9798
08-09-2009, 10:28 AM
That is funny stuff, Paul! And oh so true!!!! :D

Michael s/v Sannyasin
08-10-2009, 10:32 AM
http://www.mez.co.uk/fusereplacement.jpg

You forgot the .22 caliber bullet... oh wait, that was Mythbusters...

Vince Brennan
08-11-2009, 03:27 PM
Thank you, Paul. Finally, something of interest in the Bilge!

The Bigfella
08-11-2009, 05:53 PM
Lucas - proof that energy can be destroyed