08-08-2009, 09:16 AM
> :D

Glen Longino
08-08-2009, 09:19 AM
ooops...cross post!
I guess we both got the Bad News at the same time!:D:D:D

Captain Blight
08-08-2009, 09:21 AM
So what happened? The "lawman" wasn't man enough to take it? That's my guess.

Effin' pigs.

Glen Longino
08-08-2009, 09:27 AM
I suspect Scot did it.
The guy is a one trick pony racist. (Steven P, not Scot)
Bilge rats might be nasty, but at least we're equally nasty.

Phillip Allen
08-08-2009, 09:28 AM
very funny, Glen

The Bigfella
08-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Eh?

Phillip Allen
08-08-2009, 09:32 AM
Eh?

Glen said you are equally nasty with everyone else here (excepting me of course) :)

The Bigfella
08-08-2009, 09:34 AM
How's the stats research going?

Gotta go zzzzzzzzzzz

Glen Longino
08-08-2009, 09:37 AM
Glen said you are equally nasty with everyone else here (excepting me of course) :)

:D:D

Mrleft8
08-09-2009, 07:54 AM
I'm the nastiest of the nasty! (Grrrrrrr! We need a "fierce chihuahua" emoticon...)

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
08-09-2009, 09:15 AM
I izz missing the point - which poof went multi? - or did many go "poof!"?

Verb my noun.

Paul Pless
08-09-2009, 09:26 AM
think adverbially

Paul Girouard
08-09-2009, 09:39 AM
ooops...cross post!
I guess we both got the Bad News at the same time!:D:D:D

So how does one "cross post" on the second post to a thread :confused:

Looks like the work of The scot , as there's no trace of the "poofed" threads.

Effin unemployed tugboat workers :rolleyes:

Glen Longino
08-09-2009, 09:49 AM
So how does one "cross post" on the second post to a thread :confused:

Looks like the work of The scot , as there's no trace of the "poofed" threads.

Effin unemployed tugboat workers :rolleyes:

I should have said "cross-thread", you danged perfectionist!:)

Paul Girouard
08-09-2009, 09:51 AM

Details Glen, just like the health care proposal, most folks lack the details.

Paul Girouard
08-09-2009, 09:53 AM

Oh, and most folks want to avoid that cross-threaded thing, hard on the nuts, and we have plenty of those here on WBF:D So I'm glad you didn't cross-thread with Mr. Pless-ner.

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
08-09-2009, 11:44 AM
I'll bet you guys missed the photo I posted on that thread late last night eh?

Glen Longino
08-09-2009, 11:54 AM
I'll bet you guys missed the photo I posted on that thread late last night eh?

Nope, I saw it right before I went to bed.
Had bad dreams all night of lardasses and dwarves!;)

Tom Montgomery
08-09-2009, 12:08 PM
Every trace of him is gone. No threads, no posts, nothing remains. It as if he never existed. Cool. :cool:

Captain Blight
08-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Effin unemployed tugboat workers :rolleyes:It's like we're a separate race isn't it?

OMG You're a RACIST!!! Don't bring your hate crimes here man!

HATE CRIME!!!

Paul Girouard
08-09-2009, 12:18 PM
It's like we're a separate race isn't it?

OMG You're a RACIST!!! Don't bring your hate crimes here man!

HATE CRIME!!!

Yes, just like Dwarf's aren't a race, neath are tug boat workers.
Now the unemployed ones , ya those are a race into thier own bad selves.

Captain Blight
08-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Hate crime!!!!!

bob winter
08-09-2009, 12:30 PM
Very curious. As noted above, S P has disappeared completely from the face of the forum. I did a short search on a couple of names, the late and no doubt unlamented Rotund 1, who in my opinion was likely close to as obnoxious as they come, and Tinman. They still both exist but SP does not. What did he do that was so much worse than Rotund or Tinman? I must have mised something really exciting.

Paul Pless
08-09-2009, 12:35 PM
What did he do that was so much worse than Rotund or Tinman?inflammatory racism

bob winter
08-09-2009, 12:39 PM
I wouldn't say that Tinner is free of racist traits, to say nothing of fanatical dislike of Muslims. I have no idea how long he is banned for but it should be for a good, long time.

MiddleAgesMan
08-09-2009, 12:42 PM
What's really weird is he went poof yesterday but came back strong late in the night (well, it was late for me). Then, this morning he's poofed again...Scot has certainly had a busy weekend...

Mr. S.P. Lawman was certainly a great example of the type that gives the breed its bad reputation, fer shure!

The Bigfella
08-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Mr. S.P. Lawman was certainly a great example of the type that gives the breed its bad reputation, fer shure!

I think it comes from spending so much time hanging around public toilet blocks

BrianW
08-09-2009, 10:02 PM
I'm thinking it must have gotten pretty bad after my post.

Probably dodged a bullet. :D

The Bigfella
08-09-2009, 10:07 PM
I thought this was a Mardi Gras thread originally,

http://artistryinfaux.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/mardi_gras.jpg

BETTY-B
08-10-2009, 12:19 AM
I thought racism was okay with Scot. He sure let it go on and on with other posters who are just banned and not disapeared.

Did this Steven P guy disapear himself? Does anyone know? Hmm? The guy who I quoted to show the nasty stuff he was sending me in PMs disapeared too. No trace. This is new, isnt it?

It's hard to know what the rules are when they keep changing.

DAN

skuthorp
08-10-2009, 01:29 AM
Is that even possible?

Maybe he just went around in ever decreasing circles till he disappeared u.......................................... Etc.

Just another unpleasant spoiler with an agenda to push that didn't cope well with disagrement. They come and go, but us bilge rats (mostly( go on forever. We need our own logo I reckon. Water rat with a pfd? Ship rat with a WB cap, on bacwards of course?

Phillip Allen
08-10-2009, 05:22 AM
the upper decks might need those great big rat guards on their dock lines... :)

Paul Pless
08-10-2009, 06:20 AM
It's hard to know what the rules are when they keep changing.

DANHonestly... do you actually really need to know where the line is??? I don't think I've ever been compelled to get anywhere close to the line... I mean I drop the occasional f-bomb, but then I always get a bunch of pm's from Nanoose and FredZ and others saying that I'm a nice guy and that I don't really need to use such language.;) I can honestly say I'm never gonna threaten anybody here physically, I'm not gonna post about that dork in Oklahoma everybody's been warned about, and only through naievety have I posted anything remotely racist, and when confronted about a few of those mistakes I think I've changed my ways.

Really, the line is probably subjective to Scot. If someone that's been around for a while and they post in other areas of the board and they have legitimate on-line friendly relationships with others here, they probably get a little wiggle room. But, if you join the forum and within a months time post nothing but ascerbic dumbassedness in the bilge, I'm guessing Scot's a little quicker with the poof button... the latter sounds kinda like steviep don't it???

High C
08-10-2009, 08:18 AM
....Really, the line is probably subjective to Scot....

Based on recent experience, it would seem that the line is very much determined by complaint. Pushing the gripe button can lead to swift and severe action, even on very marginal infractions, while horrific violations go by with nary a notice. Some even manage to curse in nearly every post and are not disciplined.

The squeaky wheel.

Paul Girouard
08-10-2009, 08:18 AM
Is that even possible?

FredZ could pull it off. What about when some one quoted SteveP as those gone to? Not that he wrote much that was note-able to quote, maybe in a bad way quotable, are those gone as well?

The scot really can clean house with his powers! Be afraid , be very afraid of The scot!!:D

Paul Girouard
08-10-2009, 08:21 AM
Based on recent experience, it would seem that the line is very much determined by complaint. Pushing the gripe button can lead to swift and severe action, even on very marginal infractions, while horrific violations go by with nary a notice. Some even manage to curse in nearly every post and are not disciplined.

The squeaky wheel.

Some what like Pres. O's request to have "fishy emails " reported , those that oppose his health care plan.

I'm sure the squeaky wheels here turn with a progressive spin!

Tom Montgomery
08-10-2009, 08:37 AM

Correct. This is an unmoderated forum. It is clear that Scot does not read every post. The alert button exists for a reason. So yes... We all share in the responsibility of keeping the forum free of spam and offensive posts. I don't see a problem with that.

FYI: I know for a fact that Scot does not act upon every complaint.

Glen Longino
08-10-2009, 08:43 AM
"FYI: I know for a fact that Scot does not act upon every complaint."

I can vouch for that.

High C
08-10-2009, 08:52 AM
Any more tattle tales willing to confess? :D

BETTY-B
08-10-2009, 01:32 PM
Honestly... do you actually really need to know where the line is???

No, I dont know where the line is. It's different for me than it is for you and the elite East coast gang.

I got banned for quoting another members F bomb. I saw many many F bombs over the next month with zero bannings.

It's not a democracy on my boat either. But at least there, everyone gets a fair shake.

Paul Pless
08-10-2009, 01:48 PM
the elite East coast gangLOL... dude... I hail from either Alabama or Michigan...

BETTY-B
08-10-2009, 01:51 PM
I know where you're from. Hell is a better place now.

David G
08-10-2009, 02:08 PM
LOL... dude... I hail from either Alabama or Michigan...

Paul,

From our perspective out here in the misty, drippy, beautiful NW... everything east of the Mississippi qualifies as East Coast :p:rolleyes:;)

John of Phoenix
08-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Fred Z:
Yes, Steven P's quotes survive where they were quoted.
Sadly, a tragic flaw in the software.

It doesn't happen often that someone is completely wiped off the forum. That's a declaration of "No socially redeeming value whatsoever".

Must have been a doozie.

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
08-12-2009, 01:45 AM
We're such a friendly bunch after all.

http://dandalf.com/dandalf/braveheart5.gif