PDA

View Full Version : Will GM survive and make it in a competitive environment?

pefjr
08-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Once the largest corporation in the world, is now(MTLQQ) .50 a share. It may become a survivor and be the biggest stock mover of the year(Up 30% off lows of .37). "IF" it can compete without more Gov't help. Not a single analyst recommends it, and its still losing money, but...........tempting at .50/share.

Dan McCosh
08-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Once the largest corporation in the world, is now(MTLQQ) .50 a share. It may become a survivor and be the biggest stock mover of the year(Up 30% off lows of .37). "IF" it can compete without more Gov't help. Not a single analyst recommends it, and its still losing money, but...........tempting at .50/share.

GM has not issued any stock yet.

hokiefan
08-05-2009, 01:28 PM

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT

MTLQQ is the ticker for Motors Liquidation Corp, which is the shell being used to liquidate the unwanted old GM assets. It is NOT the new GM, and there is no value that will go to the shareholders. The debt far exceeds any value of the assets. The bondholders will get pennies on the dollar, there is nothing left for the shareholders. Period.

DON'T, DON'T, DON'T

Cheers,

Bobby

Dan McCosh
08-05-2009, 01:32 PM
It's still a mystery who is buying this stuff--it was de-listed about a month ago, after numerous warnings that it is worthless.

Dan McCosh
08-05-2009, 01:35 PM
Maybe a rogue computer from Goldman Sachs, trying a little speculation on its own?

pefjr
08-05-2009, 01:42 PM
You are right, thought something was wrong. Thanks

hokiefan
08-05-2009, 01:54 PM
You are right, thought something was wrong. Thanks

There are only about 3 things I know for sure about the stock market, this is one of them. Now if I could only remember the other two.:eek:

Cheers,

Bobby

pefjr
08-05-2009, 01:59 PM
6m shares traded today. Wonder when the new stock will be issued?

Dan McCosh
08-05-2009, 02:09 PM
I thought I was kidding about the rogue computer, but now I'm not so sure. When you look up the usual analyst reports, the numbers all look good. The arithmetic used does work with the penny value. A programmed trade using this model would continue to trade, and if there were a handful of other computers in the system doing likewise, they would be clicking away, trading away, against each other. Kind of weird.

hokiefan
08-05-2009, 04:28 PM
6m shares traded today. Wonder when the new stock will be issued?

I've read speculation that GM may issue an IPO sometime early next year. Time will tell.

Bobby

pefjr
08-06-2009, 02:51 PM
mtlqq Up 20% more today to .62 on 21m shares.:confused:

hokiefan
08-06-2009, 03:29 PM
mtlqq Up 20% more today to .62 on 21m shares.:confused:

Its quite possible that you could trade it and make money. But the stock has no underlying fundamental value, so at some point the bankruptcy court will cancell it. The holders on that day lose everything they have in it.

Some folks play this way and win, for that to happen others have to play this way and lose. Not for me, but everyone has to make their own way.

Cheers,

Bobby

pefjr
08-06-2009, 03:35 PM
No thanks, I think its short covering that is taking place. Unpredictable. I don't want to lose all my winnings from the upcoming game.