PDA

View Full Version : All The Stars Came Out That Night

cs
08-04-2009, 08:39 PM
If baseball is the greatest game than this is the greatest of the greatest games that was ever played (well really not but we can dream).

Imagine Dizzy Dean facing off agains't Satchel Page. Herman (Babe) Ruth playing on the same field as Josh (The Black Babe). Throw in a the Gashouse Gang, Cool Papa Bell Turkey Stearnes and Buck Leonard and than add a smidgen of Shoeless Joe Jackson, Joe DiMaggio, Oscar Charleston and a midget at Fenway at night, and you have the makings of the greatest game ever.

All The Stars Came Out That Night
By: Kevin King

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Qt7rrjAZirU/SblNT1vsx9I/AAAAAAAAABw/FqMW1_M1FDc/s200/all+the+stars.gif

This book is fantastic. The last part of the book could stand on its own and be great. So today I offer up this book to the worthy. Post your responses and I will judge who is worthy and send it to you obligation free.

Chad

Bruce Hooke
08-04-2009, 10:36 PM
Reminds me of hearing about the players my father was familiar with growing up as a fan of the Brooklyn Dodgers. I was thinking: these guys stopped playing baseball before I was born, I'm no great follower of baseball history, and even so a lot of these names are familiar!

cs
08-04-2009, 10:46 PM
The book is outstanding. I really enjoyed reading it. The last part of the book was the best and I ain't going to tell you how it ends.

Chad

cs
08-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Anyone else?

cs
08-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Bruce, send me your mailing address and I'll send you the book. I think that you will enjoy it.

Chad