08-04-2009, 12:30 PM
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/090804/koddities/oddity_driver_salute

rbgarr
08-04-2009, 12:55 PM
"Improper hand signal violation"

Love it!!

George Roberts
08-04-2009, 01:09 PM
Seems that the "improper signal" was not a traffic signal and thus is not covered by the statute.

Iceboy
08-04-2009, 08:14 PM
typical. "I'll find something to write you up for"

Paul Pless
08-04-2009, 08:45 PM
you will respect mah authoritaay

S/V Laura Ellen
08-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Seems that the "improper signal" was not a traffic signal and thus is not covered by the statute.

An arm out the driver side window, bent at the elbow, fore are raised vertically is a proper signal. If the driver failed to turn right as signalled then an offence was committed.

Feeble charge? Yes
Justice served? Ya betcha!

It's about time someone got ticketed for being a jerk!

goodbasil
08-04-2009, 10:12 PM
He/she, could probably beat it.

Me and a couple of other guys were walking down the street one night and a cop stopped us and gave us a ticket for walking while drunk. (We figured he was a rookie.) We beat it because there was no such charge in the book. (Someone should of spotted that before it got to a judge.) He could have written another one but didn't.
Once I got a speeding ticket. Cop wrote down speeding and section 142 or whatever. Went to court and it was thrown out since speeding and 142 didn't match. "142" is crossing a solid line.
So right in court the cop writes me another ticket. Correctly this time. (He's allowed to do that if done within 6 months.)
So I fought that one and got the same judge again. (I remember his forest green shirt with an orange tie.) The judge told the cop that he was a poor loser and let it go.

David W Pratt
08-05-2009, 10:11 AM
In this country a guy gave a state trooper the finger, got a ticket, took it all the way to the Supreme Court. They found in his favor, First Amendment right of free speech.

Saltiguy
08-05-2009, 06:38 PM
In this country a guy gave a state trooper the finger, got a ticket, took it all the way to the Supreme Court. They found in his favor, First Amendment right of free speech.

Was his name Professor Gates?