PDA

View Full Version : #2 Retirement Town is On the Cuyahoga

Cuyahoga Chuck
07-29-2009, 10:36 PM
I kid you not! AOL posted a list of prefered retirement towns. Number 2 was Brecksville, Ohio. It's about 14 miles south of Cleveland along I-77 and a goodly portion of the town is within the boundries of the Cuyahoga Valley National Park.
I live about 300 feet beyond the Brecksville city limits but I'm going to bask in the glow anyway.To me the big draw for golden-agers is a branch of Cleveland Clinic about 3 miles down the road in Independence.

"Burn on big river, burn on."

BrianW
07-29-2009, 10:43 PM
What's AOL?

Just kidding. Congrats.

David G
07-29-2009, 11:48 PM
Brian,

You've got to be kidding. AOL, IIRC, is the quite well-known anti-itch creme that a lot of those folks use during the summer months :p

Sorry C-Chuck... I just couldn't resist that opening.

George Ray
07-30-2009, 04:28 AM
Fell in love with the Cleveland area when I worked on a project there a few years ago. The municipal park system 'Emerald Necklace' is most wonderful and the bike path along the canal in the river valley that is supported by the train is a jewel. I kind of miss 'lake effect snow' also.

Cuyahoga Chuck
07-30-2009, 03:16 PM
Fell in love with the Cleveland area when I worked on a project there a few years ago. The municipal park system 'Emerald Necklace' is most wonderful and the bike path along the canal in the river valley that is supported by the train is a jewel. I kind of miss 'lake effect snow' also.

Last January we were within 1.2 inches of the record monthy snowfall. I was worried my trip to Florida would have to be put off because I couldn't get out of the driveway so I bought a two-stage snowblower. I used it enough in three weeks that it was due for an oil change when I left.