PDA

View Full Version : I think this video will make EVERYONE here furious...

Art Read
07-29-2009, 06:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bFUt9dBLbg

The story: "Charges Dropped Against Woman Framed by Cops" http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-beat/Cops-Set-Up-Woman-After-Crash.html

Ian McColgin
07-29-2009, 06:52 PM
Hope those old boys get serious jail time.

boylesboats
07-29-2009, 07:02 PM
hummmmm.... cops... always get on muh nerves...
as long I ain't breakin' any laws, I don't want to see 'em around...

B_B
07-29-2009, 08:38 PM
as long I ain't breakin' any laws, I don't want to see 'em around...
that's usually when I DON'T want to see 'em around - different strokes different folks, eh? ;)

Tom Galyen
07-30-2009, 05:42 AM
The thing that makes me furious is the fact that as usual the same bilge rats jump up and paint with a broad brush all policemen everywhere. Statements like "When ya need them, they're never around", and "hummmmm....cops...always get on muh nerves...as long as I'm not breakin' any laws I don't want to see 'em around...." The normal nasty bilge rat hyperboyle "They are the enemy" reaction to any cop story that shows up here. Taking a small example and blowing it up into them evil ones vs us good guys. Your reaction to them is what infuriates me.

rbgarr
07-30-2009, 06:54 AM
It doesn't sit very well with cops either....

Arko
07-30-2009, 06:55 AM
The thing that makes me furious is the fact that as usual the same bilge rats jump up and paint with a broad brush all policemen everywhere. Statements like "When ya need them, they're never around", and "hummmmm....cops...always get on muh nerves...as long as I'm not breakin' any laws I don't want to see 'em around...." The normal nasty bilge rat hyperboyle "They are the enemy" reaction to any cop story that shows up here. Taking a small example and blowing it up into them evil ones vs us good guys. Your reaction to them is what infuriates me.

Why?? It's only the truth according to these people and are they not allowed to feel the way they feel. Do they have to like the police. Law enforcers attitudes towards us are always positive? No. They feel that it is THEM against US, why can't we feel the same way?
I live in Eastern Kanawha County in Charleston WV, the St police and Kanawha County Deputy Sherriffs Dept both just graduated classes with the majority being posted in my neighborhood. Traveling the usual route home is now an quite an adventure. There now seems to be police cars everywhere, traveling at very high rates of speed. I mean in excess of 90mph, no lights, no sirens, they run all up on your ass and glare at you when they go by. I watch them do it every day.
One cursed my brother and I because he pulled out in front of us at a local resturaunt(sp). It was truly amazing, his reaction to him almost hitting us. He actually stopped his little police car and got out of it and proceeded to curse at us, hand on gun and with a nasty look on his face, and he was at fault. I shudder to think what may have happened to us had we actually done something wrong.
Make no mistake about it, thier mentality is US against Them. Remember, They have no obligation to protect us. They don't have to and for the most part they don't, they can't.
I have played the criminal part before and there is no difference how they treat guilty and the innocent until you prove them wrong. Which I always thought that that was the way everyone is supposed to be treated, as innocent, until proven otherwise and this certainly not the case. When they look at us they see felonies, hopefully.
Sorry, I have no respect for them. Well, I have respect for them as long as they show respect for me. You rely on them, I'll take care of my own problems.

Ross M
07-30-2009, 06:56 AM
Sorry Tom, but there are damn few things scarier than crooked police.

brad9798
07-30-2009, 07:10 AM
I'll agree with Tom on this.

Using that (video) example to define all cops would be like using the bilge to define US politics ... by and large the populus (of the US, at least) does not believe how most outspoken bilgerats believe!

Or using Gates's example to illustrate that all black men are a$$holes and break into houses ... it just simply is not true!

boylesboats
07-30-2009, 09:17 AM

well look who just called me a nasty bilge rat :eek:
And who are you?

Man, I am just sayin' my piece...

When ya need 'em, they're never around..
When ya don't need 'em, they're there buggin' hell outta ya...

Keith Wilson
07-30-2009, 09:48 AM
The thing that makes me furious . . . paint with a broad brush all policemen everywhere. Policeman are human beings - most reasonably good, some not. They become policemen for many reasons; most want to protect others from those who would break the law, but some do it because the job gives them power and they enjoy pushing people around. And the job comes with a couple of occupational hazards to one's character (the physical hazards are obvious): the possibility for ordinary monetary corruption, and far worse, the idea that you are not a servant of the people, but their master. Cops, being human, will sometimes succumb to both temptations - not most of them, but some. In some cases, the culture of the police department will push them in that direction.

Because we give policemen authority and a monopoly on the legal use of violence, abuse of that authority and that monopoly cannot be tolerated. Criticism of bad cops is not criticism of all cops.

David W Pratt
07-30-2009, 10:51 AM
The fact that the police were unanimous in their support of the frame is interesting. Did we see the only 4 bent cops on that force, or is it a culture of corruption?

Ian McColgin
07-30-2009, 11:06 AM
Some forces are like prisons where the "guard culture" has taken charge. The corrupted guards or corrupted cops may well be a minority but the others see no evil and close ranks. This is an interesting form of denial and extracts a terrible emotional toll.

The public can help the police in a couple of ways. Cooperating in a neighborhood watch is terrific. Supporting high standards on the force is another. Uncritical acceptance of whatever officers do is a sure way to exacerbate all forms of police corruption.

It is right to decry those who just knee-jerk accuse all police as living up to some stereotype like fascist pigs. It is also right to decry those who cast that aspersion falsely on people who rightly point to individual abuses.

2MeterTroll
07-30-2009, 04:30 PM
lets see how narrow a brush are you to use when the reports are country wide.

the police abusing power aint a local thing, its a national thing. those very few "good cops" are way over shadowed by the ones who are not good.

an perfect place to see what the police think of the public is a VA hospital. just watch the hall monitors walk around with hand on side arms around a bunch of vets. daring any of them to react. the tension is like a wave and every combat vet changes posture to take the pig out if he tries to pull. its an explicit threat and no one else would get away with it, but we are all supposed to be good boys and girls and not take them out.

In my case if the police show up no matter the crowd, i am the one they come for if they want to try and cow someone. I have been arrested three diffrent times for resisting arrest doing nothing other than not bowing and scraping like a slave to massa.
Each time i have been in a public space and have had side arms pulled on me. no wrong doing just standing there. I have been accosted for having my leg up on the head of my cane sitting on a public bench, i have been told to go put long pants on and arrested for not complying because the scarring on my leg is apparently breaking a law. each time i am arrested they apply charges by the barrow load trying to make something/anything stick. I have been harrased in parking lots in broad day light for nothing other than standing by the car. i have been stopped at bus stops and questioned and arrested waiting for a bus. then taken to an interrogation room and accused of murder and worse.

you folks thinking cops are the good guys make me sick. you either dont get out much or you are the rich nancy boys that dont get stopped cause your beamer is shiny.

the last time i actually committed a crime i was 20 and i am not sure a fist fight in the elbow room with a guy that punches you in the face with a full beer bottle is considered a crime.

Phillip Allen
07-30-2009, 05:44 PM
it's all "business as usual"

the ones supporting the cops here are either stupid (which I doubt) or horrified at the thought that they have been wrong and are desperatly trying to talk THEMSELVES into having been right...

John Smith
07-30-2009, 06:52 PM
Yeah:rolleyes: Good luck with that.

Doug
They're on desk duty while the investigation takes place.

Donning a uniform doesn't make one trustworthy.

John Smith
07-30-2009, 06:53 PM
I'll agree with Tom on this.

Using that (video) example to define all cops would be like using the bilge to define US politics ... by and large the populus (of the US, at least) does not believe how most outspoken bilgerats believe!

Or using Gates's example to illustrate that all black men are a$$holes and break into houses ... it just simply is not true!
How many "bad" cops does it take before it spreads through all cops? If the "good" cops enable the bad ones, are they still "good" cops?

ChaseKenyon
07-30-2009, 08:59 PM
an perfect place to see what the police think of the public is a VA hospital. just watch the hall monitors walk around with hand on side arms around a bunch of vets. daring any of them to react. the tension is like a wave and every combat vet changes posture to take the pig out if he tries to pull. its an explicit threat and no one else would get away with it, but we are all supposed to be good boys and girls and not take them out.

go down to post 75 through 82

http://www.woodenboat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100269&page=2

Thats all I feel the need to say

Chase:eek:

2MeterTroll
07-30-2009, 09:10 PM
sounds like you got the same sort of flag i do. sorry to read that. i been through it and its no fun at all. hope it wraps up well.

Arko
07-30-2009, 10:08 PM
Policeman are human beings - most reasonably good, some not. They become policemen for many reasons; most want to protect others from those who would break the law, but some do it because the job gives them power and they enjoy pushing people around. And the job comes with a couple of occupational hazards to one's character (the physical hazards are obvious): the possibility for ordinary monetary corruption, and far worse, the idea that you are not a servant of the people, but their master. Cops, being human, will sometimes succumb to both temptations - not most of them, but some. In some cases, the culture of the police department will push them in that direction.

Because we give policemen authority and a monopoly on the legal use of violence, abuse of that authority and that monopoly cannot be tolerated. Criticism of bad cops is not criticism of all cops.

WOW you live in a nice place. Where is it? Most become cops because they are control freak asses in the first place who are not comfortable without a gun. A trait that makes all of us gun toting redneck idiots makes them heros. I think given the chance more common citizens would do the right thing more often than the police.
You say that abuse of their authority and monoply cannot be tolerated, yet all you ever do is make excuses for them. How many of the good cops that you know wouldn't do the same thing to someone for one of theirs?

stevebaby
07-30-2009, 10:12 PM

you folks thinking cops are the good guys make me sick. you either dont get out much or you are the rich nancy boys that dont get stopped cause your beamer is shiny.

the last time i actually committed a crime i was 20 and i am not sure a fist fight in the elbow room with a guy that punches you in the face with a full beer bottle is considered a crime.Why do you have armed police patrolling a hospital?
That certainly doesn't happen anywhere in Australia (or Britain), probably because it's quite unnecessary.Of course, we're less free than the US.

How do they "dare you to react"? Do they make explicit verbal threats?

Why and how would you "take the "pig" out if he tries to pull"?

If it's an "explicit threat" against you for a Police Officer to carry a weapon, why is it not an explicit threat against the rest of society when you carry one?

"Best democracy in the world","More freedom than anyone else"...ha...ha...ha.

Ross M
07-30-2009, 10:34 PM
..."Best democracy in the world","More freedom than anyone else"...ha...ha...ha.

Whom here has made these claims?

Keith Wilson
07-30-2009, 10:55 PM
. . yet all you ever do is make excuses for themExcuse me? Did I make excuses for the subjects of the thread? Please don't put words in my mouth. I was trying to get some balance between "all cops are crazed Gestapo wannabes" and Tom Galyens's defense.

Yes, I do live in a generally nice place (an inner-ring suburb of St. Paul). My personal experience with the local police has been 100% positive - but like everyone else's experience, its only a small segment of what's really going on, and I have no idea if it's representative. I am by no means a "rich nancy boy" - just an ordinary middle-aged guy with a graying beard and a slightly ratty Toyota, not a shiny BMW. If I had had experiences with police like 2 meter, I'd probably think like he does.

Phillip Allen
07-31-2009, 06:13 AM
Why do you have armed police patrolling a hospital?
That certainly doesn't happen anywhere in Australia (or Britain), probably because it's quite unnecessary.Of course, we're less free than the US.

If it's an "explicit threat" against you for a Police Officer to carry a weapon, why is it not an explicit threat against the rest of society when you carry one?

I asked the guards why they started carrying guns...it seems that the old vets get pretty depressed in the ugly end of their lives and sometimes decide to take staff with them when they go...at least that's what the cop told me

stevebaby
07-31-2009, 06:19 AM
Whom here has made these claims? It would be a refreshing novelty if they were denied, but that's unlikely.
You could of course search the very many American gun owner's sites which will confirm what was an obvious generalisation on my part.
It was a generalisation based on the history and public culture of the USA, and I stand by it.

stevebaby
07-31-2009, 06:59 AM

"Best democracy in the world","More freedom than anyone else"...ha...ha...ha.I didn't expect any answers, and I have not been disappointed.

Ross M
07-31-2009, 07:01 AM
It was a generalisation based on the history and public culture of the USA, and I stand by it.

Your response closely resembles the stereotyping often used to justify racial bigotry and its regional cousin, xenophobia. Perhaps you could provide specifics?

2MeterTroll
07-31-2009, 11:33 AM

lets see where to start.

A: Good on you folks. AU is not here and from the way i hear it you actually take care of the human wreckage of war.

B: oh lets see there are so many ways to make an explicit threat. hand on side arm glaring at all and sundry is certainly explicit as is the body language used. the side arm its self is a threat. its made for killing it is not a shelf.

C:Why? because if it draws then someone will get shot. thats what side arms are for. that makes it a threat to every one in the place. How? well that depends on the training. my own is pretty simple i break legs and arms; it takes seconds to draw and steady on, in the time you have options. some folks are trained to go much further.
your gun dont leave the holster unless its to be used.

E: I dont carry a side arm when i did it surly was a threat. its only purpose is and was to kill humans. thats what side arms where created to do.

this last is another subject entirely, I dont and never have claimed america was free. any place with armed guards is by definition not free. as a wanne be cop you are as usual trying to sound good while being an ass.

I dont matter the country the pig attitude is the same; the mentality is the same. and the thought process is the same. thankfully some countries have the good sense to limit the police powers to something almost sane.

i just wasted a moment to respond to this line of questions tailored to trip people up. its amazing how these things play out.

as to your no answers: I was asleep but you cops are so smart i expect you know that.

John of Phoenix
07-31-2009, 11:45 AM
A very similar incident happend to a family friend. Same police department too but they didn't have a chance to use the DWI ploy because no one was drinking. Cop was speeding at night with NO lights on, as in no headlights. He went flying through a two way stop intersection and the friend's car pulled out from the stop sign not seeing the blacked out cruiser and got T-boned.

The cop insisted he had ALL lights on, headlights and roof rack. They must have had dash cam video to the contrary because no citation was issued to our friend and they went to great lengths to get everything to go away as quickly as possible. No serious injuries, thankfully.

Now this. Four cops caught in a lie. Not a good trend.

Phillip Allen
07-31-2009, 12:04 PM
John, some of us have noticed that "trend" years ago

John of Phoenix
07-31-2009, 12:15 PM
I was there just yesterday and a Hollywood cop came roaring up behind me for no apparant reason. I just kept keeping on and he pulled up along side. I looked over at him and could tell he was checking me out. Then he fell in behind again, right on my bumper. I expected the lights to come on but he just stayed right there for a couple of miles. Finally he pulled around and sped off. Kind of unnerving even if you haven't done anything.

stevebaby
07-31-2009, 12:38 PM
lets see where to start.

A: Good on you folks. AU is not here and from the way i hear it you actually take care of the human wreckage of war.

B: oh lets see there are so many ways to make an explicit threat. hand on side arm glaring at all and sundry is certainly explicit as is the body language used. the side arm its self is a threat. its made for killing it is not a shelf.

C:Why? because if it draws then someone will get shot. thats what side arms are for. that makes it a threat to every one in the place. How? well that depends on the training. my own is pretty simple i break legs and arms; it takes seconds to some folks are trained to go . as a wanne be cop you are as usual trying to sound good while being an ass.

No sonny, I was a real cop. I resented carrying a handgun because I knew damn well it was a pretty useless weapon for self -defence and it was extra weight that I didn't need and never had to use. I carried it because it was a condition of my job and my job required me to publicly display the threat of violence or death against those people who would threaten to, or would use, violence against the persons or property of those who who hired me, those being the citizens who voted for the government who paid my salary, and who had the right and ability to vote that or any other government out of office if they didn't like what I did.
There are some people who have good reason to own firearms, and there are some people who can be trusted to use them responsibly.
There are a hell of a lot who fit neither category...malcontents who just want to have weapons because it gives them a sense of power over the other citizens in a society that they obviously don't agree with and don't fit into.
Don't like that? there are other places in the world where you will feel quite at home...places where there are no police and no laws.
Try Somalia or the NorthWest Territories of Pakistan or Columbia or several other places in the world where there is no Rule of Law.
Spare the world your paranoia.
And no, Australia doesn't treat veteran soldiers any better than the US does. But we don't need armed guards in Veteran's Hospitals either.

Phillip Allen
07-31-2009, 12:52 PM
I was there just yesterday and a Hollywood cop came roaring up behind me for no apparant reason. I just kept keeping on and he pulled up along side. I looked over at him and could tell he was checking me out. Then he fell in behind again, right on my bumper. I expected the lights to come on but he just stayed right there for a couple of miles. Finally he pulled around and sped off. Kind of unnerving even if you haven't done anything.

he was fishing...against the law BTW

2MeterTroll
07-31-2009, 01:47 PM
No sonny, I was a real cop. I resented carrying a handgun because I knew damn well it was a pretty useless weapon for self -defence and it was extra weight that I didn't need and never had to use. I carried it because it was a condition of my job and my job required me to publicly display the threat of violence or death against those people who would threaten to, or would use, violence against the persons or property of those who who hired me, those being the citizens who voted for the government who paid my salary, and who had the right and ability to vote that or any other government out of office if they didn't like what I did.
There are some people who have good reason to own firearms, and there are some people who can be trusted to use them responsibly.
There are a hell of a lot who fit neither category...malcontents who just want to have weapons because it gives them a sense of power over the other citizens in a society that they obviously don't agree with and don't fit into.
Don't like that? there are other places in the world where you will feel quite at home...places where there are no police and no laws.
Try Somalia or the NorthWest Territories of Pakistan or Columbia or several other places in the world where there is no Rule of Law.
Spare the world your paranoia.
And no, Australia doesn't treat veteran soldiers any better than the US does. But we don't need armed guards in Veteran's Hospitals either.

I quite enjoyed my years at sea thanks with none of you little armed guards around. your little rule of law as you so delicately put it is rotting and stinks of corruption.

really how many of your military detritus live in cardboard boxes?

dont even lecture me on this country and the comportment of its police.
you dont have places the even approach the **** holes we do. rule of law indeed. there is no rule of law when those who are supposed to uphold it break it every day.

Pak and columbia would have been vacation spots.

paranoia is you thinking the world needs you and your fellows. it is the trend that allows more of you to be made and and allows you to break that rule of law you pay lip service to.

........................Son!

Phillip Allen
07-31-2009, 01:52 PM
Don't hold back...tell us what you REALLY think! :)

2MeterTroll
07-31-2009, 01:54 PM
Phillip even my shrink thinks thats a bad idea.

Phillip Allen
07-31-2009, 01:55 PM
chuckling...

2MeterTroll
07-31-2009, 02:27 PM
in case you want to meet my shrink. 6 sessions are only 8 bucks.

http://store.deschutesbrewery.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=OBSIDIAN%20STOUT%20PINT %20GLASS

Phillip Allen
07-31-2009, 02:28 PM
oh my...

boylesboats
07-31-2009, 02:29 PM
I think, I am finish posting on here...

ChaseKenyon
07-31-2009, 03:03 PM
C:Why? because if it draws then someone will get shot. thats what side arms are for. that makes it a threat to every one in the place. How? well that depends on the training. my own is pretty simple i break legs and arms; it takes seconds to draw and steady on, in the time you have options. some folks are trained to go much further.
your gun dont leave the holster unless its to be used.

I was trained to attack by reaching in and grabbing breastplate while using other forearm across jugular and pull like hell. This separates the breastplate from the ribcage.

Result is obvious.

If I shoot someone with my concealed weapon they

MIGHT have a chance to live.

Chase