PDA

View Full Version : Tylerdurden

pcford
07-27-2009, 09:02 PM
In regards to our former and not missed contributor here....Maybe I am way behind you guys. If so, please blame it, like Paul G did, on the heat.

From Wikipedia on the movie Fight Club....
Tyler Durden

Shortly after this incident, his life changes radically on meeting Tyler Durden, a charismatic psychopath (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopath) who works low-paying night jobs in order to perform deviant behaviour on the job. After his confrontation with Tyler, an explosion destroys the narrator's condominium apartment; he asks Tyler if he can stay at his house. Tyler agrees, but asks for something in return: "I want you to hit me as hard as you can".[10] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight_Club#cite_note-palahniukfc46-9) Their fight, in a bar's parking lot, attracts local, socially disenchanted men; "Fight Club", a new form of psychological support group is born, mental therapy via bare-knuckle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bare-knuckle_boxing) fighting, set to rule.

Seems like our bellicose, nocturnal friend chose his name with some thought.

Paul Pless
07-27-2009, 09:04 PM
Maybe I am way behind you guys.the first rule of fight club . . .:rolleyes:

johnw
07-27-2009, 09:05 PM
No, really, you didn't get that?

oznabrag
07-27-2009, 09:07 PM
In regards to our former and not missed contributor here....Maybe I am way behind you guys. If so, please blame it, like Paul G did, on the heat........
Seems like our bellicose, nocturnal friend chose his name with some thought.

So.... It seems like you miss him.

pcford
07-27-2009, 09:21 PM
No, really, you didn't get that?

Nope. Never saw the movie. The connection does tend to confirm my estimation of the gentleman. 'Course the "charismatic" part certainly does not fit.

StevenBauer
07-27-2009, 10:17 PM
nocturnal friend

I thought Mark mostly posted in the early morning.

Steven

Larks
07-27-2009, 10:37 PM
Give it a rest PC. Why on earth are you Googling him?

BrianW
07-27-2009, 11:45 PM
Yes, his handle origins were well known.

pcford
07-28-2009, 12:36 AM
I thought Mark mostly posted in the early morning.

Steven

He did...he worked at night hence nocturnal.

pcford
07-28-2009, 12:37 AM
Yes, his handle origins were well known.

Not to me...the story grows even wackier.

pcford
07-28-2009, 12:44 AM
Give it a rest PC. Why on earth are you Googling him?

Uh, sorry to trouble you.

I evidently was giving the guy more credit than he deserved. I have to say that with this guy's continued physical threats...it is surprising that nobody referred to the Fight Club link...if anyone did, I did not notice it.

Guess I am not a Brad Pitt fan like some of you are.

Of course, none of this will make any difference, when come the middle of next month (as prophesied by Tylerdude) the world is plunged into severe depression, anarchy and hysteria. And the Bohemian Club, the Federal Reserve and the Council on Foreign Affairs rule the world from the sacrificial altar of the Great Owl in Marin county.

BrianW
07-28-2009, 12:59 AM
Hopefully he's underway and well away from the chaos by then.

seanz
07-28-2009, 01:17 AM
Uh, sorry to trouble you.

I evidently was giving the guy more credit than he deserved. I have to say that with this guy's continued physical threats...it is surprising that nobody referred to the Fight Club link...if anyone did, I did not notice it.

Guess I am not a Brad Pitt fan like some of you are.

IIRC, Donn, bless his heart, refered to Mark as "Fight Club Dwarf" at least once.

I quite like Brad Pitt, he's a fine actor. Though I have not seen the movie Fight Club, I have read the book.

pcford
07-28-2009, 01:22 AM
IIRC, Donn, bless his heart, refered to Mark as "Fight Club Dwarf" at least once.

"Donn, bless his heart"...heh, heh, that phrase is used the same way as you use it in our southern states.

I do remember Donn using that term...but did not link it with the movie...do I have to pay more attention to Donn in the future? I hope not.

The Bigfella
07-28-2009, 01:23 AM

I quite like Brad Pitt, he's a fine actor. Though I have not seen the movie Fight Club, I have read the book.

He has a heart? If Donn has a heart, I imagine it might be a bit leathery

seanz
07-28-2009, 01:32 AM
"Donn, bless his heart"...heh, heh, that phrase is used the same way as you use it in our southern states.

I learnt the correct use of the phrase from that fine Southern gentleman Paul Pless.
Embrace the cultural hegemony, says I, then subvert from the inside.
;):D

pcford
07-28-2009, 01:33 AM
I learnt the correct use of the phrase from that fine Southern gentleman Paul Pless.
Embrace the cultural hegemony, says I, then subvert from the inside.
;):D

Well done, indeed, sir.

pcford
07-28-2009, 01:36 AM
He has a heart? If Donn has a heart, I imagine it might be a bit leathery

A leathery heart......ok I realize you are just theorizing...well, I do know Meerkat referred to Donn as Squeaky. Maybe some kind of rusty contraption?

The Bigfella
07-28-2009, 02:09 AM
A leathery heart......ok I realize you are just theorizing...well, I do know Meerkat referred to Donn as Squeaky. Maybe some kind of rusty contraption?

Nah - that's his brain

Paul G.
07-28-2009, 02:34 AM
http://www.philzimmermann.com/images/TinFoilHatArea.jpg

switters
07-28-2009, 12:19 PM
Constant bitching about his threads, and now he is gone about a month and you have to start threads about him since you cant post on his anymore.

Maybe he wasn't as paranoid as everyone thought.

Popeye
07-28-2009, 12:27 PM
he performed a valuable service to one and all

pcford
07-28-2009, 12:36 PM
Constant bitching about his threads, and now he is gone about a month and you have to start threads about him since you cant post on his anymore.

I will go over this very slowly for you.

1. I am glad our tinfoil hat wearing brother is gone. I hope to never see him again.

2. I did not bring his name up to argue with his paranoid theories. I am not "constantly bitching" about his threads.

3. I DID bring him up because I did not know the connection between his screen name and the movie Fight Club. More precisely...he named himself after a night working, wacked, combative character in that movie.

4. Some of you already knew this. I did not. I suspect there might be some others.

Do you understand now?

switters
07-28-2009, 12:45 PM

1. I am glad our tinfoil hat wearing brother is gone. I hope to never see him again.

2. I did not bring his name up to argue with his paranoid theories. I am not "constantly bitching" about his threads.

3. I DID bring him up because I did not know the connection between his screen name and the movie Fight Club. More precisely...he named himself after a night working, wacked, combative character in that movie.

4. Some of you already knew this. I did not. I suspect there might be some others.

Do you understand now?

try typing slower, be a little more condescending and repeat yourself more often. I'm starting to get it, thanks.

Popeye
07-28-2009, 12:50 PM
they laughed when i sat down to play the piano

bobbys
07-28-2009, 01:54 PM

Do you understand now?.

Perhaps you should have just posted the name part and left out the Not missed/ tinfoil hat parts, It sounds personal {ie hope to never see him again}to me but at any rate if hes not here its bad form to make nasty remarks if hes not here to defend himself.

pcford
07-28-2009, 02:08 PM

Perhaps you should have just posted the name part and left out the Not missed/ tinfoil hat parts, It sounds personal {ie hope to never see him again}to me but at any rate if hes not here its bad form to make nasty remarks if hes not here to defend himself.

I seem to have offended your sense of etiquette bobby, sorry. I do wish to never see him again. He added nothing to the conversation. If that is "personal" so be it.

But that was not the main reason for my post.

pcford
07-28-2009, 02:09 PM
try typing slower, be a little more condescending

Only where it is justified.

bobbys
07-28-2009, 02:11 PM
I seem to have offended your sense of etiquette bobby, sorry. I do wish to never see him again. He added nothing to the conversation. If that is "personal" so be it.

But that was not the main reason for my post..

I wuz not here , What do you mean Did he just disagree with you or threaten you????

Yeadon
07-28-2009, 02:12 PM
Lock the thread. Start a new thread about said locked thread. C'mon. Do it.

Popeye
07-28-2009, 02:15 PM
I do wish to never see him again. .

me neither , he is a rotund little man who lives in the woods with cats in maine

no wait , i'm thinking of someone else

pcford
07-28-2009, 02:17 PM
Lock the thread. Start a new thread about said locked thread. C'mon. Do it.

You are a troublemaker...you remind me of the geezer in the film Hard Days Night who was always getting the boys in trouble.

pcford
07-28-2009, 02:19 PM
me neither , he is a rotund little man who lives in the woods with cats in maine

no wait , i'm thinking of someone else

Popeye, you understand that I was speaking metaphorically. Anyway, that guy in Maine lives so far back up in the sticks that they have to pipe in sunlight.

But I am thinking you know this.

pcford
07-28-2009, 02:21 PM

I wuz not here , What do you mean Did he just disagree with you or threaten you????

he did speak approvingly of taking out a person with a baseball bat. charming, huh?

Paul Pless
07-28-2009, 02:22 PM
But that was not the main reason for my post.Okay then . . . why don't you tell us how you really feel?

bob winter
07-28-2009, 02:23 PM
Must be a slow day, 34 posts about zip. Mark is hanging out at some sort of yacht club, so he tells me, and advoiding the ****. Might get bored and come back to play in the fall, who knows?

MiddleAgesMan
07-28-2009, 03:52 PM
...that guy in Maine lives so far back up in the sticks that they have to pipe in sunlight.

Down here we say "... he lives so far back in the sticks he has to go towards town to hunt."

pcford
07-28-2009, 04:43 PM
I give up.

Mark is a thoroughly charming guy who merely like to beat people with baseball bats. It is no interest whatsoever that his screen name is that of a psychopath in a movie.

It is really hot here.

Memphis Mike
07-28-2009, 04:57 PM
"It is really hot here."

Ya know what Rod Stewart does on a hot afternoon. Maybe you should try it.

brad9798
07-28-2009, 05:02 PM
gentleman

Pc insults the hell out of a guy he disagrees with ... then call him a gentleman? :confused:

And I thought Mark was off kilter ... sheesh! :rolleyes:

You ought to stay above deck, PC, where you make some sense and make good contributions! :)

pcford
07-28-2009, 05:05 PM
"It is really hot here."

Ya know what Rod Stewart does on a hot afternoon. Maybe you should try it.

Would it be something that Serge Gainsbourg would likely endorse? If so, you give me entirely too much credit. I think I would melt. We are not used to muggy oppressive heat. Hard to think. It is likely the reason the reason for the Bible Belt and Southerners' voting for Republicans.

pcford
07-28-2009, 05:06 PM
You ought to stay above deck, PC, :)

Well, you have that right...this place is bizarro world. Rules of logic do not apply down here.

JBreeze
07-28-2009, 05:31 PM
While Tylerdurden didn't have his timing down, I think he got some of the trends correct....especially with regard to finance.

Here is another Tyler Durden that continues to post:

http://zerohedge.blogspot.com/2009/07/end-of-end-of-recession.html

While I also don't agree 100% with the Tyler Durden at Zero Hedge, he demonstrates some insight into the workings of financial markets.

"Our purposes is to promote rational, informed discourse on the subject and to this end we enthusiastically solicit reader feedback. Our presentation is licensed "creative commons: attribution" and we hope that our readers will feel free to forward it on or excerpt from it freely, provided attribution is preserved."

He invites reader feedback....so all the pseudo economists here should comment on the article at his blog.

IMHO his paper "The End Of The End Of The Recessions" is on target in most cases...take a look.

And his tag line is "ON A LONG ENOUGH TIMELINE, THE SURVIVAL RATE FOR EVERYONE DROPS TO ZERO".

My link to Draper's Ulysess and the Sirens on Elf's thread apparently wasn't enough to get banned, so I'll have to excercise some self-discipline and stop coming here and spend time on the water instead.:)

http://preraphaelitepaintings.blogspot.com/2009/02/herbert-james-draper-ulysses-and-sirens.html

Nanoose
07-28-2009, 05:55 PM
is he gone again? man...i've been out of touch for a while....when'd this go down? how long for this time?

johnw
07-28-2009, 06:02 PM
You are a troublemaker...you remind me of the geezer in the film Hard Days Night who was always getting the boys in trouble.
Looks clean to me.

johnw
07-28-2009, 06:06 PM
I don't see what all the fuss is about. Nobody had to read Mark's threads. If you ignore that stuff, it just sinks through the garboards. People responded instead, so they must have been interested. I teased him a bit, because he seemed to take things so seriously, but he's never struck me as a bad guy. Just a guy who didn't get the etiquette thing, and he's not the only one.

Yeadon
07-28-2009, 06:23 PM
It's my considered opinion that you're a bunch of sissies.

johnw
07-28-2009, 06:33 PM
It's my considered opinion that you're a bunch of sissies.
Everybody who posted on this thread is a sissy but me. I'll take yer all on. In fact, we could form a fight club and take each other on ... no that doesn't sound right, I mean we'll prove our manhood like those guys on ultimate fighting who swat at each other for a while, then the dominant one mounts the other one...no, that doesn't sound right either...

Yeadon
07-28-2009, 06:36 PM
In the immortal words of Ronald Reagan, the only true love is among men. And of course, consider the words of George W. Bush ... "I've got a mandate. Yes, I do."

And then, of course ... heh.

I'm going to go find some AC now.

pcford
07-28-2009, 07:27 PM
In the immortal words of Ronald Reagan, the only true love is among men. And of course, consider the words of George W. Bush ... "I've got a mandate. Yes, I do."

And then, of course ... heh.

I'm going to go find some AC now.

ummm, I shall leave this to you and the Squeaky yet Leathery Resurrected Donn.

---------------------------------------
The rooster carp...down here with the rest of the bottom feeders

Bob Cleek
07-28-2009, 07:40 PM
PC, I think you are a rooster carp. If you dont understand pm me. This is a public forum. You dont own it. So jstfu. o yea :)

With 113 posts, you're the one to talk! Those of us who have been in here taking crap from the likes of you for the last ten years or so OWN this forum. We made it what it is and it ain't public! You EARN your status in here or we ride your ass outta here on a rail!

(Oh... that's going to be good for at least a few dozen more posts! ROTFLMAO!)

This thread is starting to look like a "virtual Fight Club!"

THE RULES:

1st RULE: You do not talk about FIGHT CLUB.

2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about FIGHT CLUB.

3rd RULE: If someone says "stop" or goes limp, taps out the fight is over.

4th RULE: Only two guys to a fight.

5th RULE: One fight at a time.

6th RULE: No shirts, no shoes.

7th RULE: Fights will go on as long as they have to.

8th RULE: If this is your first night at FIGHT CLUB, you HAVE to fight.

(PS TO PC: The Bohemian Grove is outside Occidental, in Sonoma County, a few miles from me, not in Marin County to the south. Trust me, the locals aren't impressed by the "Bohemians" and their crew of camp followers who cruise in for a couple of weeks each summer... but we take their money and put up with 'em.)

bobbys
07-28-2009, 07:46 PM
With 113 posts, you're the one to talk! Those of us who have been in here taking crap from the likes of you for the last ten years or so OWN this forum. We made it what it is and it ain't public! You EARN your status in here or we ride your ass outta here on a rail!

(Oh... that's going to be good for at least a few dozen more posts! ROTFLMAO!)

This thread is starting to look like a "virtual Fight Club!"

THE RULES:

1st RULE: You do not talk about FIGHT CLUB.

2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about FIGHT CLUB.

3rd RULE: If someone says "stop" or goes limp, taps out the fight is over.

4th RULE: Only two guys to a fight.

5th RULE: One fight at a time.

6th RULE: No shirts, no shoes.

7th RULE: Fights will go on as long as they have to.

8th RULE: If this is your first night at FIGHT CLUB, you HAVE to fight.

(PS TO PC: The Bohemian Grove is outside Occidental, in Sonoma County, a few miles from me, not in Marin County to the south. Trust me, the locals aren't impressed by the "Bohemians" and their crew of camp followers who cruise in for a couple of weeks each summer... but we take their money and put up with 'em.).

You forgot to call him Dutch!!!:D

The Bigfella
07-28-2009, 07:52 PM
I was here when swmbo made you take your time out. I think I know what its all about

swmbo = Mountain Maid?

pcford
07-28-2009, 08:00 PM
(PS TO PC: The Bohemian Grove is outside Occidental, in Sonoma County, a few miles from me, not in Marin County to the south. Trust me, the locals aren't impressed by the "Bohemians" and their crew of camp followers who cruise in for a couple of weeks each summer... but we take their money and put up with 'em.)

Thanks for the geographical note. It's been a while since I have been down. I hope you are not downwind from the virgin sacrifice under the Great Owl!

S/V Laura Ellen
07-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Those of us who have been in here taking crap from the likes of you for the last ten years or so OWN this forum.

Actually, I OWN the forum, but I'll let you borrow it, as long as you take care of it!:D:D:D

Yeadon
07-28-2009, 08:08 PM
I was here when swmbo made you take your time out. I think I know what its all about

Now, this is fun.

Bob Cleek
07-28-2009, 08:26 PM

Blew your cover, Dutch!

DAMN! That was a LONG time ago. Dodged that bullet, I did. Got a lot done while I was cooling my jets, too.

For those who weren't there, it had to do with a forum "interloper" sending me an unsolicted email which... well, let's just say that I was completely innocent but nonetheless at a great disadvantage...

Which reminds me of JoeCSOH's similar experience which apparently caught him at a moment of even greater disadvantage. Nasty crap. Let's not dwell on it.

Tom Montgomery
07-28-2009, 08:33 PM
Blew your cover, Dutch!

DAMN! That was a LONG time ago. Dodged that bullet, I did.
Yep. I remember it well.

A few of us old timers spotted "Bobby" as "Dutch" immediately.

bobbys, may I introduce you to Dutch? Dutch, bobbys.

pcford
07-28-2009, 08:38 PM
Blew your cover, Dutch!

DAMN! That was a LONG time ago. Dodged that bullet, I did. Got a lot done while I was cooling my jets, too.

For those who weren't there, it had to do with a forum "interloper" sending me an unsolicted email which... well, let's just say that I was completely innocent but nonetheless at a great disadvantage...

wadeaminnut...isn't bobbys Dutch? (My world comes tumbling down.)

Tom Montgomery
07-28-2009, 08:41 PM
Hehehehe!

Tom Montgomery
07-28-2009, 09:16 PM
OK. Too bad, really. I knda like ol' Dutch. He enlivened the place.