PDA

View Full Version : Tess

Joe (SoCal)
07-25-2009, 05:30 PM
Just saw the Philipstown theater camp's rendition of Anne and I'm just blown away by these little thespians.

Tess plays the rough and tough orphan, a roll she was born to play ;)

This is a photo of her head shot from the cast photos.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m320/fosterhere/photo-1904.jpg

My little baby is getting so big, I'm so proud of her.

BrianW
07-25-2009, 05:31 PM
Awesome!

She is growing up alright!

Peter Malcolm Jardine
07-25-2009, 09:40 PM
Snap your fingers, and she will be going to university...hard to believe

Bob (oh, THAT Bob)
07-26-2009, 12:49 AM
Did they get you to play Daddy Warbucks?

ShagRock
07-26-2009, 01:59 AM
Beautiful young daughter, Joe...does you proud!

bamamick
07-26-2009, 07:05 AM
The childhood years of our three daughters are literally nothing but a blur. The other day I was buying gas and the Spanish Fort high school volleyball team were there selling doughnuts as a fund raiser and it seemed that it was just yesterday that my twins were there doing the exact same thing: they graduated from high school EIGHT years ago! Wow.

Now all three have been through college and only one of them lives near us. It is tough. A world that you build for yourself and your kid(s) will just fly away in the blink of an eye.

Hold on to every moment, Joe. These are such special times for any parent. Hold on to them.

Mickey Lake

brad9798
07-26-2009, 07:37 AM
Yes, HOLD onto every moment you can ... get that cheap digivideo cam and use it ...

My first just turned 13! THIRTEEN!

:(

cs
07-26-2009, 09:14 AM
Joe I echo the thoughts of others. Hold on to those memories They do grow up fast. Mine is getting ready to start her junior high school and its like she has left her poor old dad behind. :(

Chad

botebum
07-26-2009, 09:25 AM
I'm confused:confused: I know I posted to this thread yesterday and the little icon shows I did as well but my post isn't showing. Has Scot put me on my own ignore list?
Well, to say it again- Kudos to Tess, Joe. You're entitled to be very proud!

Doug

botebum
07-26-2009, 09:38 AM
I think I may have figured it out. Just waiting on confirmation from Scot. Crossed another line(another thread) I'm afraid.

Doug

Peter Kalshoven
07-26-2009, 07:07 PM
Well, Joe, I really didn't have many doubts, but having met you this summer I now have NO doubts where the "theatrical" gene came from for Miss Tess.
(By the way, it really pisses me off when someone listens to one of my best jokes, and then retells it better than I can... :) ... Mr. Finkelstein!)
Enjoy the girl, next thing you'll know she'll get her driver's license, and you'll loose your hair to worry!
;)

TomF
07-27-2009, 09:19 AM
Good on her, Joe. I'm glad you and she are keeping that bond strong, despite all the other changes in each of your lives. She looks like she's doing well.

It is tough.

Mickey talks about his kids moving away, and feeling like the life he'd created has vanished. I'm seeing something like that on the horizon, with our oldest halfway through a 6-week French Immersion exchange just now. I'm so glad for her, and proud of her ... and miss her half to death. It's mostly anticipatory pain; this is the start of the separation, of the birds launching from the nest. She's doing University here in Fredericton, but I know what's coming in a few years; it hurts already.

I hate, loathe our mobile culture, with its embedded principle that home and community are irrelevant ... or at least, secondary. It's true that we "know" ourselves through differentiation, but also through connection. We're a social species, that's been hooked on the line of pursuing individuality at all costs. Yet a jigsaw puzzle piece only fully expresses itself when it's in the picture.

I'm beginning to understand the pain my parents must have felt, when their nest emptied.

TomF
07-27-2009, 09:37 AM
Good, Norman. I hope that we'll be able to do something similar with our family, and possibly our extended family. It will be a challenge though, despite the closeness we've built with our mob.